Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless SCART?

• 30-08-2004 3:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭

I'd like to watch my Sky box on my computer upstairs using a TV-card.

Is there some kind of wireless SCART thing I could use that would transmit the signal upstairs?

I did a search on ebay and nothing comes up, I'm wondering if such a device exists?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

what your looking for is a video sender, you can pick them up in argos for about €80. BTW they interfere with wireless networks incase you have one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

plazzTT wrote:
    I'd like to watch my Sky box on my computer upstairs using a TV-card.

Is there some kind of wireless SCART thing I could use that would transmit the signal upstairs?

I did a search on ebay and nothing comes up, I'm wondering if such a device exists?

Go to www.maplin.co.uk and type in Video Sender on the search option and you'll see what you are looking for. Maplin are in Dublin near Parnell street.
    Let us know how things work out!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

will these video senders work the other way....i want to send video from my PC to my TV ???

I have a "Video Out" on my graphics card

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

They're not bi-directional if that's what you mean. But if you just want to send from your PC to your TV, yes just connect the sender from your PC and the receiver to your TV.

The one I have (One4All) has composite connections but also came with a composite to SCART adapter, so you could use either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

The one I have (One4All) has composite connections but also came with a composite to SCART adapter, so you could use either.
    I have the same one, it came with a infrared receiver as well so you could change the channel on the side that is transmitting the signal ..... worked a treat (sending SKY to bedroom TV). Now I have it changed around so that I am sending movies from my PC to my TV, works very well ....

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

irishguy wrote:
    what your looking for is a video sender, you can pick them up in argos for about €80. BTW they interfere with wireless networks incase you have one

Hmm I think that the jury might still be out on that one -I have a unit and it doesn't appear to be affecting my wireless network. What I did discover is that the remote control commands are sent over 433Mhz and if you have other devces I used have a wireless thermometer) that use that frequency then you may get interference..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

They're not bi-directional if that's what you mean. But if you just want to send from your PC to your TV, yes just connect the sender from your PC and the receiver to your TV.

anywhere on the net selling these???...one4all....couldn't find much on google

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

If you go to Conrad.de and do a search for FUNKÜBERTAGUNGSSYSTEM AV 4fach SCHWARZ
    Artikel-Nr.: 350543 - 13 - you will see the one I have - its made by Metronics and allows four input devices eg TV,video,dvd etc and allows you to watch 1 device remotely and another device locally etc. I have seen these in Hollywood Entertainment in Ballincollig...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 jscan1

i found this thread doing a search for one4all (the vouchers) and i came across this post for "Wireless Scart" man i just had to open it!! It sounded WAY too good to be true - and yes... it wasn't... i know it's an OLD thread but i just had to post :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sambos

I have purchased a wirelss sender/receiver scart, cuts out a lot tho as in tv blacks out and comes back in, any ideas that might improve picture?I know its the wirelss scart causing as it doesnt happen when I plug directly with a wired scart lead.

want to be able to use this wireless scart as I want to mount tv on chumney breast, and dont want to have to drill holes in wall to hide cable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

It might be a range problem, they are somewhat limited in how far they can transmit as most operate at the 2.4GHz range which can be affected by Microwave ovens and wifi routers.

If the set on the Chimney Breast is your main TV then a connection method which supports HD or at least component is far more desirable. Most video senders support only composite video which is the worst possible quality of signal - especially for a large screen LCD/Plasma which is what I presume you have ?

How far is your Sky/UPC box and BD/DVD player from the TV ?

Ken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

You can get a av sender which works on 5.8ghz ( which most domestic routers work on 2.4ghz as do cordless DECT phones etc )
    One for all also do a wireless PC-Av sender and you could look at the q-wave series ( USB to HDMI 720p and it works :eek:)

Sol

Advertisement