Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend a network installer

Options
  • 30-08-2004 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭

anyone any recommendations for someone/a company (in Dublin) who can physically install a (wired not wireless) network, they would also need to be able to configure / set-up the machines on it (Win OSs)

<10 PCs over 3 floors

thanks

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

A frind of mine runs a small company called Datacomms - give him a bell and mention my name :D . Ask for Sean by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

anyone any recommendations for someone/a company (in Dublin) who can physically install a (wired not wireless) network, they would also need to be able to configure / set-up the machines on it (Win OSs)

<10 PCs over 3 floors

thanks

From experience of the big boys, my top 3 are

1) Datapac (never f**ked anything up)
    2) DSS same as above if a bit slower of the mark
    3) Calyx (formerly moss) used to be good, standards are way down.

But you will pay big bucks for all these 3, but most of the time you get what your pay for, like proper backup, proper cable termination and testing (i.e. an engineer who knows what a fluke tester is and how to use it) and you will get some documentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭tech

Calyx Voice & Data

I heard great things about this company, last year they aquired Moss Technology a company who had over 20 years experience in networking

www.calyx.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Im not overly impressed by Datapac, apparently we had their head engineer working on site with us, Describing this man as incompetent would be an understatement

How about Technince they seen to have a good Rep out there???

• Advertisement

what other companies have a good rep for for this kind of work out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

our company use Netcomm for client installations. We have had pretty good reports about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

thanks for all the the replies and pointers

BrianG

Advertisement