Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cycle Racks at Dart Stations

• 30-08-2004 4:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

Any one know which City center Dart Stations have a secure (semi secure even) Cycle storage area, similar to whats in Hueston.
    I'm living close to hueston, and want to cycle to Connolly or where ever, and get the Dart to work in DL.

I know there's a covered area in Grand Canal Dock

Tks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Pearse has a little lock up area next to the front door - though whether the lock actually works I don't know. Presumably theres a rack you can lock to as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

According to the Irish Rail website both Connolly and Pearse have bike parks although where in Connolly it is or how secure it is I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭robfitz

I believe Connolly Station has open bicycle parking on an upper level at the back. Pearse Station has a railing that at the front which a bicycle could be locked to. I'm not sure about "secure" bicycle parking areas.

Secure bicycle parking may not be as important because the bicycle will only be left out during the day, if good bicycle parking stands are available.

In terms of route from Heuston heading down along the north quays (to Connolly) might be more direct then weaving along the Thomas Street and Dame Street route (to Pearse). Again the return route might be better along the south quays.

The Luas Red Line will also be an option soon, I guess it would be less then 4 Euro for a return to Heuston Station. As part of the Luas works at Connolly Station I would hope to see lots of bicycle parking.

FYI, Dublin Cycle Campaign were only asked this week to provide a list of places that need extra/improved bicycle parking. Connolly, Tara and Pearse Stations were included on this list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Bogger77 wrote:
    Any one know which City center Dart Stations have a secure (semi secure even) Cycle storage area, similar to whats in Hueston.
    I'm living close to hueston, and want to cycle to Connolly or where ever, and get the Dart to work in DL.

I know there's a covered area in Grand Canal Dock

Tks

Just a suggestion but did you think of having a go at cycling out to DL!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

I'm just trying to get back to fitness after a car crash, don't think the physio would be too impressed if I started back to cycling with a commute of that lenght, The ideal would be to cycle the full distance eventually, but it'll take a while to build up to that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Bogger77 wrote:
    I'm just trying to get back to fitness after a car crash, don't think the physio would be too impressed if I started back to cycling with a commute of that lenght, The ideal would be to cycle the full distance eventually, but it'll take a while to build up to that

Well fairplay, good luck with your road to recovery and let us know how things are going. A little tip re cycling is to push low gears in this way you'll fatigue less and you'll be less hard on your knees!!!

Advertisement