Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoundGarden : Remember where you were

Options
  • 30-08-2004 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭

Was just reading a thread by penny and decided too throw list of what year Soundgarden albums came out. Where were you and what were you doing when you heard the albums.

megaok.jpg Year ????louderlove.jpg Year 1989badmotor.jpgYear1991superunknown.jpgYear1994downupside.jpg Year 1996asides_cover.gif Year 1998
    The legend Lives on
    Year 2002

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

What about Screaming Life and Fopp Ep's and the subsequent combo of both on Sub Pop?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Left out temple of the dog and some other B-side albums also just going for the main ones

...and the Hater album too? ... and the soundtrack to 'Singles'? That's got two tracks on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Doctor J wrote:
    ...and the Hater album too? ... and the soundtrack to 'Singles'? That's got two tracks on it.

Not to mention actually having the film itself to hear an early Spoonman!

Yeah I still listen to Ultramega OK :>

Screaming Life and Fopp are the two I keep going back to. Little Joe, Nothing To Say I mean, come on! :D

I got into them after seeing Prong introduce the Loud Love video on the tv show Raw Power. I saw a video of their cover of Big Bottom shortly after and that was enough to convince me to get Louder Than Love. Really enjoyed them through Badmotorfinger and Superunknown, thought Down On The Upside was piss poor though. They split up an album too late IMO.

Still, the early stuff is just special. Well worthy of mention Nukem. I'd rate them as main ones before I'd put up the greatest hits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭iasc

Doctor J wrote:
    Screaming Life and Fopp are the two I keep going back to. Little Joe, Nothing To Say I mean, come on! :D

I got into them after seeing Prong introduce the Loud Love video on the tv show Raw Power. I saw a video of their cover of Big Bottom shortly after and that was enough to convince me to get Louder Than Love. Really enjoyed them through Badmotorfinger and Superunknown, thought Down On The Upside was piss poor though. They split up an album too late IMO.

Still, the early stuff is just special. Well worthy of mention Nukem. I'd rate them as main ones before I'd put up the greatest hits.

ah how can ya call down on the upside piss poor.
    Its my favourite soundgarden album anyway

iasc wrote:

Sorry man, it just didn't rock my boat. Sounded back than and still sounds now, like a band who'd run their course.

iasc wrote:
    Its my favourite soundgarden album anyway

Sorry. Have to agree with the DOC, not their finest moment ; but in its defence it had a few good songs on it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I agree however I'd also say that Burden In My Hand is one of, if not the best song they ever did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

Soundgarden are one of my favourite bands of all time. I was shocked the day I heard that they had split up. I never got to see them live, which contrary to the bad live reviews they got, would have been deadly. I know it would :)

Anyway for anyone with a decent Internet connection you should check out the multimedia section on this website for loads of video and audio clips.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Throw in Eutopia Mornings, just because.

Nukem wrote:
    Was just reading a thread by penny and decided too throw list of what year Soundgarden albums came out. Where were you and what were you doing when you heard the albums.

megaok.jpg Year ????
    scrfopp.gif Year 1987
    louderlove.jpg Year 1989badmotor.jpgYear1991superunknown.jpgYear1994downupside.jpg Year 1996asides_cover.gif Year 1998
    413529619 Year 199?
    The legend Lives on
    Year 2002

Now are we all happy, Not too sure when Eupohria was brought out i actually dont have that :o:o:o

And may i say that Soundgarden page is outstanding. well done for posting it

Not yet :D

1991 B000002GJH.01._PE7_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

1992 B0000028MA.01._PE8_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

1993 t-hater.jpg

Now we can die happy ;)

Some more for the list

B0000035E1.01.THUMBZZZ.jpg 1987
    B000000M4A.01.THUMBZZZ.jpg 1988
    B000002GK1.01.THUMBZZZ.jpg 1991
    B000000M5B.01.THUMBZZZ.jpg 1991
    t-totd.jpg 1991
    B000002GIH.01.THUMBZZZ.jpg 1989
    B000002G2B.01.THUMBZZZ.jpg 1994
    B0000073ZB.01.THUMBZZZ.jpg 1996
    B000005RZZ.01.THUMBZZZ.jpg 1996
    B000001EZU.01.THUMBZZZ.jpg 1997
    hater2.jpg
    phpromo1.jpg
    tonedog1.jpg
    singles.gif

Thats just the MAin and Semi-Main albums there actually is so many more
    just go into google or yahoo and punch in Soundgarden albums
    Got to listen to some of these i dont have um

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭gogul

What's peoples' opinion on Euphoria Morning and more importantly on Audioslave. I liked a couple of tunes off Euphoria Morning and Audioslave was pretty much what you expected (Chris singing Rage songs), although they were pretty damn hot live in the Point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Never bothered with Chris' live stuff, maybe I will one day. As for Audioslave well I'd call them a mediocre band formed from the ashes of two superb bands. I wasn't expecting much from them in the first place though and I certainly wasn't expecting them to live up to Soundgarden, not that any band ever will of course.

Advertisement