Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Info

Options
  • 30-08-2004 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭

Has anybody started to get info from their college after they accepted their offers? Registration dates/info, all that kind of stuff. They're supposed to be posted out, just wondering if anybody's actualy started to get it yet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

check out the college website. Maynooth NUI has their Registration handbook for download, i'd assume most other colleges would be the same!

But to answer your question, i haven't recieved anything through post either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Young Siward

Those of you off to UCD....
    UCD Reg Info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

Accepted on sat monday, got my stuff this morning...€805 :eek: ...bit better then the €8500 the international (non-EU) students have to cough up though...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I think some colleges wait til second round offers. I dunno. We'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Cathy

All I can find for Galway is this...

http://www.nuigalway.ie/registration/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pugwash

anyone know when the trinity "packs" come in the mail????

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

http://www.tcd.ie/orientation/registration.php regarding trinity, i guess...

i was wondering why nothing came for me....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

i don't remember anything usefull comming off tcd peroid, ya show up on freshers week, ye learn everything then(tho u should have a course orientation lecture that week...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Nothing from trinity for me either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

Nothing from DCU for me. It's all on their site, but it's still nice to have the info pack in hardcopy.

Do the packs have booklists or d'you need to wait till freshers week to get them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭gnu

Haven't heard a thing from RCSI, they keep their info to themselves like a closely guarded secret

... tell a lie, they sent me an out of date handbook for medicine (even though I'm doing pharmacy), but no info on dates or anything remotely usefull

Lantis wrote:
    Do the packs have booklists or d'you need to wait till freshers week to get them?

Yeah I'd like them to send something out early so I can take my time buying books and actually be prepared. I don't want to have to scramble at the last minute searching for books and finding out that shops have sold out. I've heard that colleges sell their books at prices way higher than everywhere else, I want to get a good deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

I don't want to have to scramble at the last minute searching for books and finding out that shops have sold out.

I don't think you've usually got to buy very many books... college library usually has most of what you'd need. They change so often it can be hard to sell them afterwards, so you'll probably be better off waiting a few weeks to know for sure what you *have* to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Heard nothin from ucd for me.
    Their website isnt great either.
    :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Yup, nothing for me. But tis a new week tomorrow, I'd say most stuff will be sent out then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Pack arrived from Trinity today, nothing exciting just Tutor's name, Registration timetable and ifo about orintation etc.

Kappar wrote:
    Pack arrived from Trinity today, nothing exciting just Tutor's name, Registration timetable and ifo about orintation etc.

Sounds alot more exciting than what I got in the post today... just a load of junkmail. Still no sign of any NUIG info.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

got my stuff from UCD in the post this morning. "Free fees" my ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Yeh i got my UCD stuff today, no giro form though, so no fee paying for me til i get it.
    Also yeh i dont want to give them my money. :(
    One of my friends just got the giro and no info.
    Dodgy.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

hmm still nothuing from trinity....

• Advertisement

I got a pack from Trinity today aswell. It was pretty interesting, a few sheets to fill in for registration, a timetable for all the stuff going on in freshers week and tutor info etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭smelly girl

I got my stuff from DIT about a week ago...

NUIG info pack arrived today. I feel, oh, about €807 poorer already...

I've got nothin'....

I'll give it to the end of the week before I freak..

Same here, it's not just you.

DCU are just slow as ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

I got my stuff from AIT today,
    €750 :( where am i going to get that!
    I got registration monday,starting properly wednesday.
    But i think its going to be a drinking session for the first week, FRESHERS WEEK :D

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Aye, Zippo from DCU.

Also, don't fail first yeat chrismon or else full fees will seem like a good powerful kick in the nads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

CuLT wrote:
    Aye, Zippo from DCU.

Also, don't fail first yeat chrismon or else full fees will seem like a good powerful kick in the nads.

ahem, yea! Dont't!

3,000 eurobucks first installment due for friday! oh yes! at least the tax back will be nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

CuLT wrote:
    Aye, Zippo from DCU.

Still nothing for me from dcu, if i don't get it tomorrow, i will be calling dcu to see what the problem is.

• Advertisement

Looks like they got their act together, I got my info pack today. Not bad, either.

Advertisement