Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asherons Call

Options
  • 02-01-2000 4:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Somewhat bored I fired it up and gave it a try.

I'm telling you now, UO has nothing on the amount of prepatching required for this game. So after I think 45 minutes and 5 or 6 patches later I got to play.

It's not UO. It's more a Quest based system. No bank and when you die you return to a life stone minus 1-2 items.

The quests are not independant of you. ie. In UO if you went on a quest, a GM normally had to sit on the final area in case someone showed up and looted the place. In AC you can loot a chest and another can loot the same chest and get different items at the exact same time.

I personally don't like it. The chat program is hard to use, and you spend most your time running in the game. Combat system isn't that great either.

Advertisement