Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband in kilkenny?

• 30-08-2004 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

lo,
    dose anyone whats the deal with broadband in kilkenny? how far outside the town has it come?? im about 3 miles outside wonderin can i get it?
    also who is the best provider for uncapped??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

uncapped doesn't really exist in Ireland unless you sign up for esat business (2 year contract, about 57 euros a month i think). You can get all the usual capped 512k radsl offerings but it depends on how far you are from the exchange (not as the crow flies, but as the cable twists and turns under/overground). I'm about 2 miles from the exchange (across the road from the castle is where it is afaik. They have another place in the hebron industrial estate but i think its just a depot for vans and stuff).

If you have chorus cable around Kilkenny you can get online with that, but I hear they've introduced a cap recently.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Still nobody seems to be able to tell us what Chrous current cap is though
    if Chrous Internet is anything like Chrous TV I'd stay very very far away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

banbutcher wrote:
    lo,
    dose anyone whats the deal with broadband in kilkenny? how far outside the town has it come?? im about 3 miles outside wonderin can i get it?
    also who is the best provider for uncapped??

It got as far as Loughboy in July what part of Kilkenny are you??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

OT: TIPPTOP
    I take it your using Mozilla or FF and thats why you keep having to login, I've found there's a way around this

Rather then looking in on the main page, log in on a thread page and select save password, seems to work 90% of the time

If I log in on the main page after about 10min even if I am still loading boards.ie pages it logs me out :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I just click the "Remember Me" option and that works now :confused: It used to not work ( for a week after the upgrade ) but it's been fine for the last 3 weeks. I use the FF nightly optimised builds so maybe it was a bug and that's why it works for me, get the latest build ( TRUNK is what I use ) and start with a new profile. I do this at least once a week :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement