Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

admin issues with xp

Options
  • 30-08-2004 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭

hello i have just put together a two pc lan but i cannot access either pc from the other because u get a message saying that i have to contact my admin
    as i do not have permission or word to this effect even though i am the only admin profile on each pc
    is there any of changing this , am i making any sense running xp on both machines and they can both seeeach other , i set the root drives to be shared
    on the netowork but i still get the message when i try to double click the other pcs drive in network connections
    any help really appreciated as this is really wrecking my head big time !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

NTFS permissions. You probably have the file sharing permissions set fine, but the NTFS security settings on each machine is restricting access to the filesystem to local user(s) only I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

thnaks for the advice i will check it out !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Easiest thing to do is make sure that you have a matching user account on each computer - if you're vasch_ro with admin rights on machine one, make sure there's a vasch_ro account with admin rights on machine two as well, with matching passwords.

If that doesn't work, post the exact wording of the error message.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Enable the Guest account on each machine, should be secure enough unless you're going to be connected to the internet

Advertisement