Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a new company in Ireland, Spain or Gibraltar

Options
  • 30-08-2004 7:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭

Myself and a friend in Spain are planning to start a new company offering services to Irish people relocating to Spain. I'm Irish, resident in Ireland. He's Spanish, resident in Spain.

I've previously setup an Irish Limited company so I know what's involved there but my friend says there could be some problems with a culture among Spanish companies prefering to do business with a Spanish company. He has also suggested that we could setup a company in Gibraltar.

So, what is your advice? Has anyone any experience of setting up a company in another EU state? What are the various advantages/disadvantages. Should we incorporate in Ireland, Spain or Gibraltar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

You need professional advice for this because there are serious tax issues to be considered, but on the face of it, if you are going to be trading mainly in Spain you should probably incorporate there. If you don't, you will need to set up some sort of branch office there, and you will probably have to keep separate accounts for it.

There is also a thing you can set up for cross-border initiatives called a 'European Economic Interest Group'. This is effectively an EU company. However, it's not a very commonly used vehicle and would raise some eyebrows were you to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Gibraltar would set alarm bells ringing for both the revenue and possibly also for customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

I'd suggest setting up two companies, one in Ireland one in Spain. Then come up with a trading contract between the two companies setting out the rights and obligations of each to the other, kind of like a franchise agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

hi

I want to setup a limited company....where do i start? I heard there is a website that will sort out most of the work for you...anyone know it?

If not where do i start from there

Tks

Dwayne

Advertisement