Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No animated gifs after SP2

Options
  • 30-08-2004 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭

I installed SP2 over the wekend and had problems with rebooting my system afterwards so had to uninstall using the add/remove programs. After rolling back to SP1 everything seemed fine till I realised that animated gifs now only show the first frame, this is the case with all gifs whether on the web or on my harddrive, in Firefox or in IE. Does anyone know what could cause this, maybe a missing dll or something? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Have you tried re-installing SP1? This may or may not work but if the uninstall of SP2 removed something it shouldn't have, then installing SP1 may put it back. Having said that, I'd be happy that animated gifs were stopped as they can be the most annoying thing on the net sometimes. I use Firefox and have ani-dissable installed to stop them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

As jor el said, it's no major loss really ;)
    If you have your windows CD handy, it may be worth running the system file checker just to make sure the appropriate files are all present and correct.
    Start->Run->cmd->"sfc /scannow" (without "s)
    That's if reinstalling SP1 doesn't help.

Advertisement