Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster Cables

Options
  • 30-08-2004 10:37pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭

bought a JVC AV32X widescreen tv recently and have my sky digital connected to it using the standard scart lead that i got with sky, I heard that these monster cables scart leads are great for giving the best picture possible out of sky boxs/dvd players etc, im thinking of buying one of these scart cables but has anyone used one and is the picture quality on sky noticebly better using this over the standard cables.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Any decent scart will be a vast improvement over the the standard scart that comes with sky. To be honest, in your setup you won't notice the difference between the various scart manufacturers. Monster, IXOS, QED, they are all excellent. Better value for money that all of these manufacturers is the Profigold brand (made by Banbridge). About €30 would be plenty to get you the quality of scart you need, I wouldn't spend more than that for a 32" TV with Sky.

By the way, did you turn on the RGB output from the Sky box?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

cheers thx for reply, the monster cable I was looking at was exactly €30 so I might pick it up next time im in blanchardstown, I have my sky box switched to pal output, when i switched to rgb it gave a much darker, duller appearance which i didnt like. Ive noticed also since i got my new tv that the general pixilisation of sky digital seems to have gotten worse, its hard to notice most of the time but when any of the channels show a football match/report the pixelisation seems really bad on any grassy areas (while the players, crowd is not pixilated), it looks like all the grass is blending into one flat colour almost and looks horrible. This football grass pixilisation always happened even on my old 50hz tv but its just worse on the new widescreen. Playback from my xbox with games and dvds is excellent tho and no pixilisation at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

RGB is a much superior video format, if you think it is too dark, just go into the TV's setup menu and up the contrast a good bit, and the brightness a small bit. Everything is clearer, with no flicker and smoother movement on RGB. Check out how switching to RGB affects pixelation too, it may just help. If you are still getting bad pixellation, check the signal strength and quality in the Sky services menu. Both should be about 2/3 to 3/4 strength at least.

Advertisement