Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turntablism

• 30-08-2004 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi!

I am farely new to dis turntablism stuff, and have only been doing for about 3 months (practising about an hour a day), i THINK i have some of the basic scratches down like baby, forward, tear, chirp and transform scratch but i am not 100% sure of them! but anyway i kinda want to progress now to the likes of orbits and flares etc..... but am looking for some sort of guidance!
    Can anyone tell me what the best sort of guidance is out there?
    (books, videos, crews etc...) and what ever seems to be the best sort of guidance how to get invovled with them/it (that is if it is a group of people)

i hope ya's understand what i am trying to say!!!!

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

The best way to learn is to have someone who is good teach you but if you have a decent internet connection there are plenty of web sites that have free video guides if you look for them.

BloodBath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Q bert has 2 dvds out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 masterbullfrog

i am actually looking for someone out there to teach .... if there is anybody!
    i have looked at some videos and books and got some pointers from them but i personally would prefer if there was a person there i could annoy!!! :)

if anybody is interested in teaching scratching let me know! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 drucks

I'm still learning myself but i just got down crabs and some other ****.

a flare is pretty much the same as a transform. and an orbit is a basiclly a 2 click flare but with a backwards sound at the end of it.

u should check out the q-bert dvd's very very helpful theres 4 different angles for each skratch and give he explans them fairly good

Advertisement