Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disbanding the Provos

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

OK,i have been told i never think....

Flukey:I apologise for implying you dont make posts around here,but you seem one of the people that posts the most.Sorry

Flukey:I apologise for implying you dont make posts around here,but you seem one of the people that posts the most.Sorry

Lets just stop,ill say i admit defeat or whatever.Must be my member name thats the reason everyone seems to be attackn me.Ill go home,ill get banned soon if iam not banned by tomorrow.If i really dont know anything about politics just stop replying and ill top posting,or who like wasting time bickering.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Poblachtach, your posting style is very strange.. Its very aggressive one moment and then apologetic the next.. You have a right to your opinions and beliefs. I think around here, most see alot of the people involved in modern terrorist organisations up the north as bad in general so when someone posts something remotely positive about them, said people get a bit aggressive. Its to be expected really for something that stirs such string emotions.

Possibly....yes.Just leave it.....you all won yahoooo

• Advertisement

One man terrosit is another mans freedom fighter....

I might seem apologetic because i dont want to get a bad reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Thanks, we have your apologies now, so we can terminate this debate at this point and let this thread sink into the vaults along with all the other old thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

A man was hospitalised late on Saturday night last after he was beaten around the head with rifle butts by members of a British Army / PSNI patrol

Maybe if the Shinners would adhere to patton and join the policing boards, it would be easier to bring about necessary reforms in the North`s policing boards, rather than being stuck in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 poneill

I cant see any crap posted about the IRA yet,i never said there was any here.

I say there is and all posted by a self admitted splittist who supports an organisation funded by the Crown too .

Go Tar and Feather yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

Maybe if the Shinners would adhere to patton and join the policing boards
    :eek: its Sinn Fein who hasn't adhered to Patton!! OMG There's a reason SF hasn't joined policing boards and its to do with a refusal to implement Patter allright. Don't see how one political party can be blamed for a unreformed police force in NI. If SF joined the police boards 2-3 years ago they would have lost the ability to apply serious pressure for reform. But I can see them joining as part of up-and-coming talks. Probably in return for serious reform/Patten of the RUC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

But as part of the patton agreement sinn fein must join the policing board. Yes there is a lot left to be desired in the PSNI,but at least the SDLP are committed, according to the SDLPs official website there has been 96 different reforms in the policing service so far and plans to remove the special branch and plastic bullets from the service are already in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

:eek: its Sinn Fein who hasn't adhered to Patton!! OMG There's a reason SF hasn't joined policing boards and its to do with a refusal to implement Patter allright. Don't see how one political party can be blamed for a unreformed police force in NI. If SF joined the police boards 2-3 years ago they would have lost the ability to apply serious pressure for reform. But I can see them joining as part of up-and-coming talks. Probably in return for serious reform/Patten of the RUC.

If your not involved how can you make a change?

Sinn Fein represents 23 % of voters in the North in the last election. They should be involved in the policing board. With them not involved, the cant push forward the implementation.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

When a political party hold 24% of the votes and do not partake in the reform process, they can be blamed actually.

The Unionist parties has whinged about the Patton report and have managed to dilute alot of the recommendations that their people did not like. What did Sinn Fein do, they didnt even join discussions..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

What did Sinn Fein do, they didnt even join discussions..
    Actually they decided not to join "no discussion".

Advertisement