Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ideas for theme days next year?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Urge to kill......rising

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

thats right barry, its a pointless thread, but wat can ya do? the others seem to like it so it wont take that much effort to avoid it in future. good man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I don't think we should do the licking thing again. It was fun but it was just banned after a while.

Here's my suggestion: In Canada two guys came up with International Talk Like A Pirate Day. They started it and it grew in poularity. It even has a website and long song. The problem is that it's on September 19th. But I say throw caution to the wind and just have it on some day of my choosing. July 20th sound good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

yeeaaaaargh!!

(Translation: i agree but a date for session 1 should also be posted)

yeeaaaaargh!

(Translation: this is gonna rock, haha some people might have to give presentations in pirate-speak.)
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Urge to kill......rising

Seconded. What about a Random Killing Day? ;)

guys, if the day's supposed to be random, then we're not supposed to plan ahead. or whine about traditions of dressing gowns changing.
    whining does nothing. Doing something does.(obviously!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Judas04 wrote:
    There shud so b another Slut Appreciation day! We hav 2 stand up 4 our right to wear slutty clothes!!!

plus.... its fun!

Also we didn't try 2 change wearin bathrobes on thursday 2 a different theme. We jus decided 2 wear PJ's. It was complete coincidence that it was a thursday! Sorry!
    Only if you're hot and female.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

Somehow this year, Thursdays became 'pyjama day' and people wore pyjamas instead of dressing gowns. *smacks self in the head* A few people(one or two methinks)wear pyjamas coz they don't have dressing gowns and still want to make an effort, and the whole thing gets changed.

IT ISN'T PYJAMA DAY, IT'S THURSDAY!

Also, idiotic thread etc. etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Judas04

Liquorice wrote:
    Somehow this year, Thursdays became 'pyjama day' and people wore pyjamas instead of dressing gowns. *smacks self in the head* A few people(one or two methinks)wear pyjamas coz they don't have dressing gowns and still want to make an effort, and the whole thing gets changed.

IT ISN'T PYJAMA DAY, IT'S THURSDAY!

Also, idiotic thread etc. etc.

IT WAS A COINCIDENCE DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Judas04

NeoSlicerZ wrote:
    Only if you're hot and female.

Well I'm female. Not sure if im hot tho. :confused:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Here's my suggestion: In Canada two guys came up with International Talk Like A Pirate Day. They started it and it grew in poularity. It even has a website and long song. The problem is that it's on September 19th. But I say throw caution to the wind and just have it on some day of my choosing. July 20th sound good?

You can't change that. Stupid idea. Sit there, quietly and say no more on the matter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 suzythefloozy

how about ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW DAY
    that would be ludicrisly awesome. or we could just have a word of the day, like on pee wee herman. b/c he's ridiculously awesome. and whenever anyone says the word of the day, you like, strip, or yell, or something.

how about ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW DAY.
    i wholeheartedly agree,gots to get me some suspenders :D

or we could use dilbert's/dogbert's idea of annual nose-sausage day.
    once a year, you have to dress up in colourful robes, stick sausages on our noses, do a squirrel dance and shout "Kaloo-Kalah" at the sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Starbabe

random lick day wasn't banned was it? i licked people right up til lights out and no one said anything, just the occasional "ewww...!"

and i licked several RA's as well but they just looked at me funny.

and we should do all the days mentioned, especially Guys one about using spoons to flood the quad and set our spuds into the wilderness. ;) go Guy for his crazy idears!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I like this Pirate day thingy. I'm part pirate. Some pirates came to Cobh, bred with the natives and A few generations later, I was born. True Story.

Yarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! (See I changed it, Pirate speak, unlike parrot fetishes, was not handed down through the generations)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

It'd be Yarrrrr

Didn't ye see Dodgeball ye dirty landlubber

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Remeber the RA meetings last year Aonghus? It's gyarrrggghhhh!

No it isnt!

It ends on an R, a distinct R

Yeah, the G's and H's are silent, like in laugh....... oh... wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 apathy_rocks

I actually celebrated this last year with a couple of my friends. We made shirts. We also gave ourselves pirate names, complete with alliteration. I was "Maraudin' Meghan the Merciless Menace." Good stuff, but whether or not it would be good for a CTYI theme day is debatable. It is supposed to be on September 19th.

• Advertisement

I'm doing that in school. I'm screwed!

Dude, it's a sunday

A what now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Aonghus says that talk like a pirate day occurs on a Sunday this year. I'm too lazy to check myself, so I'll take his word for it

100 posts!!!!!!!!!! :D

now I have TWO Stars,In you face space coyote!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

100 posts!!!!!!!!!! :D

now I have TWO Stars,In you face space coyote!

welcome to the club! (EDIT: This is my 167th post, I cant believe it!)
    by the way...are you Cavaning on the 19th(theres a reunion on)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭freakydeadgirl

o.k,here's my idea, using mainly spoons, we flood the quad and release our pet potatoes into the wild. :D
    FREEE THE POTATOES!!!!!!

Please, for gods sake, stop the digital penis measuring

Aonghus you've had 1500 posts in the past year. You want this to go on long enough so that you can just proclaim you have the biggest digital penis! :D

• Advertisement

Aonghus you've had 1500 posts in the past year. You want this to go on long enough so that you can just proclaim you have the biggest digital penis! :D

do you think he's compensating for something?

Advertisement