Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Danger in the woods.

Options
  • 25-01-2000 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Anyone notice that the spawns have got really bad lately. You cannt move ten spaces in the yew woods without an orge, ettin, orc, or what ever jumping you these days. Not that I'm complaining mind u. It greqat for looting newbies have been dropping dead all over the shop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

It's to do with the new patch. Basically when a monster spawns it sits around for 5-10 minutes thinking to itself quite happy, then it realises that it will never meet a PC to kill/eat/whatever and commits suicide and a new one spawns elsewhere.

It's to stop all those trapped monsters in areas you can't get too.

However it seems to have some side effects. From what I hear Bucc's has to turned into a rat infested island, but then what's new. smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

There's even monster spawn's on ocllo now smile.gif
    A lot of grey player roaming the country side as well!I bagged me 2 of the critters while working on resist and eval training smile.gif1 ebolt kills rule,I love having almost gm eval smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

f' me, it's like they left the door open to the zoo.

Going from Del to Paupa you might meet a liz spawn and maybe one snake if your luckly. Now ignoring the tons of wildlife, 1 liz spawn and 3 giant serps blocking off the road. :/

Bopped to Bucc's and it was all hyper again, tons of people getting killed. smile.gif And looks like the thieves are using the "swarm" technique. A blue would come in and be swarmed by about 7 or 8 thieves. smile.gif

Col is about as useful as a fart in a hurricane.

Advertisement