Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 questions for the pros...

Options
  • 31-08-2004 3:13am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm planning on sending a questionaire to a few pros who have agreed to be interviewed by us and I thought it would be a laugh to come up with the questions here, so blast out any interesting questions you can think of and I'll send them the best 10 of the lot. We'll post the replies up once a month on the site.
    You can make them pro-specific (ie: Devilfish: Where did you get those shades?) or general (What age did you start playing?).
    The quirkier the better imho.
    I'll post my suggestions later but I'm sure you guys can come up with better questions then me...

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Of all the cities you have played poker in, which one has the best hookers?

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Spiritus

Of all the hookers you have played poker in, which one was the best?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

Does DeV get your vote as having the worst bad beats EVER?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Do you have any superstitions about the colour of the backs of the cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Obscure

If they see an opponents cards will they just play on and tough **** to the opponent who should have protected his cards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Do you get more enjoyment and financial reward from cash games or tournaments?

and just in keeping with the theme:
    Do you get more enjoyment and financial reward from poker or hookers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Who is the toughest pro to play against and why?

What made you realise you had the skills to do this for a living?

What would you recommend most about the lifestyle of a poker pro and what are the major disadvantages?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

What's the most important thing to be a succesful poker player?

If you could go back in time and give yourself just one tip when you were starting out, what would it be?

What's the biggest mistake you've made to lose a hand and what would you change about it now?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

How long were you playing before you thought you were good enough to play with the best? i.e. how long do you think it takes to be experienced enough to have what it takes?

Sh1t, you guys take this poker stuff way too seriously. More hooker questions please.

MrP

• Advertisement

Done.

How long were you playing with hookers before you thought you were good enough to play with the best ? i.e. how long do you think it takes to be experienced enough to have what it takes?

Nice work spiritus. That is 2 good ones.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Fathead

Is it just a coincidence that pOKER and hoOKER both have the same last four letters or is there a deeper connection that your not telling us ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭CoD

If your in a tournament, who do you most want NOT to end up heads up with

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

If you have a choice of hookers who do you most want NOT to get head from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

How do you calm your nerves in tense situations; i,e flopping Quads

Samba wrote:
    How do you calm your nerves in tense situations; i,e flopping Quads

Interesting question Samba. I have heard of twins being hookers but never quads. Interesting though. More a question of stamina rather than keeping calm I would have thought.

MrP

Imho keeping calm would be equally important when confronted with quads ( poker or hooker -wise )

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Do you look for any specific tells?

What tells have you picked up to announce someone is bluffing
    ie When a hooker is faking it what gives her (or him, if that's your preference, I'm looking at you Hellmuth) away?

• Advertisement

Do you mean like really short skirts and high heels? Or cries of "are you looking for business?"

MrP

Well what would one normally be referring to in regard to a woman faking it??

Whether or not she was slowplaying Aces?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

When you and your high-rolling poker buddys are taking a break from poker and hookers, do you tell jokes like "She had a big pair, but I had the nut straight and took her all the way to the river, and came over the top...."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Do you ever play 72o for comedy value?
    How did poker find you?
    What do you think of Blackjack?
    What other player do you most fear?
    Apart from poker, what other gambling do you do?
    What's the most you've won in a tournament?
    What would make you give up poker?
    What's the jammiest hand you've ever won?
    You've won a big tournament and a shítload of cash, what's the first thing you buy with it apart from hookers?
    If you had to choose between poker and hookers which one would you go for?

OFFTOPIC: Anyone wanting to swap heats with me go to Musicians today! See his thread for details.

Advertisement