Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

so you can't sleep either?

• 31-08-2004 3:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭

hmm i should really be asleep by now.the only time i get to use the computer is late at night and then i end up staying up all hours..plus i have an earache and my fresh tattoo is itching me.so what are ye're (oops bad english) excuses??...

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i work nights, i have a night off, so i try not to break a cycle i have going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

hmm i should really be asleep by now.the only time i get to use the computer is late at night and then i end up staying up all hours..plus i have an earache and my fresh tattoo is itching me.so what are ye're (oops bad english) excuses??...

Yeah, I should be in bed too. My excuse is that I usually work a 12 hour shift (8pm - 8am) and tonight is my night off....but that doesn't matter 'cos my sleep pattern is gone clean out of the window. So here I am downloading music and killing time on Boards.ie

Go Me!! ;)

iirc there was a 4am club on boards, with people who just posted @ 4am,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

i think i am just an insomniac. i went out on friday and didnt come home till 6 and sleep until 6pm the next day so now i'm kind of stuck in the loop.yup, im lazy.still i'll be off to dublin early on thursday so i guess i better start getting up at a normal hour *sigh*...my ear hurts *sniff*...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭FT77

yeah me to - I'm off work this week and i was up til 4 last night.... :eek:

I got out of bed 2day at about 11am - i want to get up at 9 in the morning :rolleyes: just so i don't waste my week off.......

• Advertisement

the day just doesn't agree with me. at the moment i'm just hanging around, i quit work to have a week or two off before i start college(crazy sh-it work that was driving me spare) but all my friends are still working so i have nothing to do anyway during the day....so i sleep..though i do hoover the house and generally give out sh-it to my younger siblings for fecking up the place like young kids tend to do.....

Sorry to hear about your ear munkeehaven!

As for the prospect of trying not to waste you time off work, I keep wasting my time then wondering how come my days off went so fast?!?!

Ah well :confused:

i was on msn with a mate of mine in athy and we where palying Nike Olé or something football game it's very good......LOL.....my first time playing it and i beat him 3/0 ......LOL

But he went to bed about 20 mins ago - :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

I'm a vampire and I only come out at night.

tell us about your tattoo.

(hope your ear gets better soon)

i'm telling ya, an ear ache is the worst pain i have ever felt in my life.....

and i've been hit by a car!

• Advertisement

oh my tattoo..well i got it done on friday its an ant..i designed it myself..see below....it wasn't sore at all..it's the itchiness that is bothering me more...

yeah earaches are biatches...made me cry like a big girlie last night it got so sore!!

you got hit by a car?

sweet.
    why an ant? (does it represent anything in particular, having flashbacks to art class and studying salvador dali)

i'm telling ya, an ear ache is the worst pain i have ever felt in my life.....

Worse than standing barefoot on an upturned plug? :eek:

Blimey!!

Is that your first tattoo munkeehaven or have you a few at this stage?

re:keu...well i don't know why but i have had a fascination with ants ever since i was younger..used to keep them in jars..lol :D ....they are cool little things...and purple is my favourite colour... so i just thought hey why dont i get a purple ant?..and there is an ankh on the middle bit because i love egyptian imagery.....
    yeah, its my first but not last i tells ya!!

little linky
    because i'm like that.
    (is nicer reason than Dali's)

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I am in the middle of a week of nights myself... Thank god its only 1 week in 9 though..

Shame there is not more about at this time, I find myself to be at my most cynical at this time and wanna pick on someone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'm here because I wanted to read all the internet, but I'm nearly finished now.
    Okie wrote:
    Worse than standing barefoot on an upturned plug?
    Or lego.

Victor wrote:
    I'm here because I wanted to read all the internet
    There is actually nothing on the interweb.. Its bull****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

nike ole is the king.

• Advertisement

re:keu n linky...that is cool about ants..i have always admired their relentlessness-(esp when they try to bite!!)

Shame there is not more about at this time, I find myself to be at my most cynical at this time and wanna pick on someone
    me too, i get a bit evil at this hour.come jesus, think of something we can biatch about.

me too, i get a bit evil at this hour.come jesus, think of something we can biatch about.

Tell ya what. Instead of using up ALL our negative energy. Give this a go.

Think of it as my present to ye, 'cos I'm prolly gonna go to bed soon and thought I'd leave ye insomniacs with a little something.

Even though it's addictive as hell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

oh my tattoo..well i got it done on friday its an ant..i designed it myself..see below....it wasn't sore at all..it's the itchiness that is bothering me more...
    Why does it look like your ant has a little snowman on its head? And where did you get it on your body?
    I'm on nightshift at the moment.

a snowman?! ooh you mean the antennae, they are just kind of twirled together..i got it on my lower back.

TimAy wrote:
    nike ole is the king.

;) Great Game (When you win !)

Ye lot and your games, some people have work to be doing..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

glad to know im not the only insomniac in the world its amazing how a weekend of going to bed at 5 and 6 am can screw up your sleeping patterns.

dont have work till four pm so should be ok i guess

Ye lot and your games, some people have work to be doing..

You know something?

You're right.

I'm off to me bed.

GOODNIGHT EVERYBODY! ;)

/awaits reply of not a sinner, 'cos they're all too busy flingin' balls of paper into a waste basket!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Sleep sounds like a good idea tbh.
    Although Dublin airport has woken up, so maybe not :(
    Can't they just fit quieter jets? :confused:

• Advertisement

awake and full of vodka....whers all the insomniacs and silly games to while away the hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 haszo

i could go for some vodka right now. ah well gig ta morrow with after party should be good, should probably get some sleep...

onymous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

keu wrote:
    I'm a vampire and I only come out at night.

A lesbian vampire, eh? *RAR*

cast%2013%20.jpg

:D

i'm not a lesbian.

..wish I had pointy teeth though.

Sico wrote:
    A lesbian vampire, eh? *RAR*

cast%2013%20.jpg

good god if i woke up beside one of those two i would never drink again

oh deary me....

nah...i look more like this....
    demi.jpg

• Advertisement

Jesus you look like my mother :D

Francis..is that you?

whose this take it to msn land will pm you with address

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

keu wrote:
    little linky
    because i'm like that.
    (is nicer reason than Dali's)

;)

Wow I am surprised to see someone thinking along my same lines, I was going to tell her that the Ant stands for Patience in the Native American power /medicine totem pole...her medicine is patience.
    I read Medicine cards, and yes I am native american (cherokee). ;)

I am also an Insomniac, have been for the last 15 years. There is no cure and I refuse to take meds or sleeping pills since I do not believe in taking such things since so many people become dependent on them. So I just suffer silently ;)

Advertisement