Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I made a Starcraft map

• 31-08-2004 6:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭

After making maps for westwood games for years and the sudden resurgence of StarCraft in my house I've tried to port an ole favourite into StarCraft, I see that posters here just put a up a breif explanation but its always helped my mapping to post up like this

Red Alert
    8 player map

256x256 Badlands territory

I've tried to balance positions with respect to expansion\defense.

There should be plenty of resources (i think I havent played it much )

The map is very open with a few natural boundries, I've tried to force players to rely on troops rather than holding bottlenecks

I've tried to decorate as best I could, trying to break up the monotonous plains.

I also tried to give certain areas a distinct feel\look to give players a personal touch to the area they are defending\exploring\attacking (It workeds well on large RA2\AoE maps where people associate thier positions based on decoration and not compass points)

Its my first SC map and hopefully not the last, so I need lots of advice, criticism, tips, enhancements or maybe even praise (not likely ) on my few hours of work. Any bugs\problems I'll fix but feel free to take the map and mess around with it

The first criticism from the lads in the house is that the map is not newcomer friendly when playing against CPU players, but a quick look at the map on the editor gave them an Idea of some strategy of expansion

Hope you like it

Ger

teh map

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Wow your up early :)

Not played SC in a few months I'll give the map a try this evening and let you know,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

http://members.boards.ie/searrard/Final%20Alert.zip

this map is both SC and brood war... last one was BW only...

there are no changes apart from decoration

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

never played starcraft...

Advertisement