Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox xecuter 2.3b lite installation probs

Options
  • 31-08-2004 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭

Okay here goes, i got my 2.3b lite and xapter yesterday,

went home last night opened up my box and got cracking, i have a v 1.0 xbox with all the soldered holes btw.

I printed off the tutorial on the website and followed it exactly.

My results are as follows, i installed the xapter and stuck the pin in the d0 point (more on this) plugged the mod chip into the top of it, blue lights on mod chip and green light on the switch

cool i though best fire up the display make sure its def right,

so i hook it up to the tv and switch it on but no matter whether i have the mod chip enabled or disabled i get that flaming flubber and no cromwell,

the only thing i can think of is this, my d0 point doesnt seem to be a hole as such, could be filled as well as i needed to stick a pin in it to make a little indent so my wire would stay in it, is it the connection with the d0 poj nt that allows the xbox bypass the onboard bios and use the one on the flash chip? Has anyone got any recommendations for me, is it the d0 or could it be something else? How can i further clear out my d0 point as the pin i have is too big to go throught it any more, would some conductive paint help in the d0?

any help appreciated

Ps anyone got the url for the irish guys that install mod chips, might have to go that route :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

I'm getting a ps2 off modchipsireland.com , I'll let you know how it gets on. I should be getting it fairly soon

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

where are they based? i might see if i can get them to install this thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Were are you based mate ive installed a good few xecuter 2.3bs i can take a look if you like.
    Pete

im in dun laoire, its worth €20 if u can install it, solder or solderless i dont care :D

Ok mate im over in Donaghmede i can drop over sometime this evening and ill collect it ill give you a loan of mine while im doing it
    Pete

• Advertisement

jesus thatd be great, you sure you dont mind? i have v1.0 xbox if thats any help!!

Ill pm you my mobile and ill get yours and i can give u directions, its not dun laoire village but on rochestown ave where the national rehab hospital is, really appreciate it!

thanks a lot :D

yea its no problem mate ill be over in blackrock most nights anyway so its not too far on from there
    Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Don't think its a good idea moding consoles!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

sounds like thd d0 alright. everything seams to be taken care of anyhow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

Don't think its a good idea moding consoles!

?

• Advertisement
Advertisement