Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rugby coach Clive Woodward to become soccer boss

• 31-08-2004 9:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭

According to today's Daily Mail Clive Woodward is actually linked with a switch from rugby to soccer.
    This was spoken about back at the time of the rugby world cup homecoming but it appears that their is some reality in there.
    Here's the story:-

World Cup winner Sir Clive Woodward is at the centre of media speculation linking him with a lucrative move to English soccer.

Woodward, England rugby union coach for the past seven years, is reportedly preparing to quit Twickenham's corridors of power.

The Daily Mail claims that 48-year-old Woodward would speed up a remarkable and unprecedented switch of sports by gaining "elite work experience" with a Premiership soccer club in early 2005.

And that, they suggest, would open the door for bigger things, possibly landing a major role with the England football squad.

Woodward's existing Rugby Football Union contract expires after the 2007 World Cup, when England will defend the Webb Ellis Trophy they won in Australia last autumn.

But the paper claims that Woodward will work a year's notice before ending his Twickenham reign, and also take charge, as planned, of the Lions on their three-Test New Zealand tour next summer.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Gary Lineker said he was going to Soton. I only caught the end of it, so I didnt know whether he was serious or not. I assumed it must have been a joke I had missed, though his tone of voice suggested he was being serious - but I can never really tell with Gary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Woodward has denied the rumours.

Advertisement