Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Eircoms netopia with IOL

• 31-08-2004 10:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Guys Hi,

I have a Netopia Modem from Eircom, I have ordered the IOL BB and my line is active, however, Im trying to set up the Netopia while waiting on the IOL.

Has anybody ever done it?

I know there is a web page with IOL where you have to go and put your username & password in to activate the account, this is usually shipped with the modem, does anyone know this page?

Really appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

splay wrote:
    I know there is a web page with IOL where you have to go and put your username & password in to activate the account, this is usually shipped with the modem, does anyone know this page?
    You specify your own username and password while applying for IOLBB. Make sure you write it down, so that you don't forget it by the time the modem arrives!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 splay

Thanks Ripwave,

I wrote it down alright.

I actually tried putting that username & password in the Netopia admin page but it didnt do anything :o

Its that admin page with IOL, I am sure, is where I must go to actually activate the account.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

If you know what the address of ur router (Netopia) type it into your browser and change the settings for use with iol, You will require your username and password

Dec

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 splay

deckie27 wrote:
    If you know what the address of ur router (Netopia) type it into your browser and change the settings for use with iol, You will require your username and password

Dec

Thats what I was thinking, so I put them in but it didnt do anything, thats why I was looking for that IOL activation page. I remember setting IOL up for a friend of mine and there was some activation page, unless I that was the address of the IOL router.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2 icegunner

I have never heard of an activation page for IOL Broadband but maybe it's a new thing (I have been with it for quite a while now so it is possible I suppose)

Anyway, check that you have the following settings set in the WAN section of the netopia's config (if you don't know the user name and password to access the config pages, reset the modem to restore them to the default values - this user name and password is NOT the one you gave to IOL, that is used in the WAN section of the config pages of the modem only) as below:

Mode: Routing
    encapsulation: PPPoE
    MultiPlex: LLC
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35
    ATM QoS Type: CBR
    Service Name should be left blank.
    User name should have "@iolbb" at the end.
    IP Address: Obtain automatically.
    Connection: Connect on demand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

icegunner wrote:
    I have never heard of an activation page for IOL Broadband but maybe it's a new thing (I have been with it for quite a while now so it is possible I suppose).
    There is no activation page, unless they've instituted one in the last two weeks

(Sarcasm alert - they haven't instituted one in the last two weeks).
    icegunner wrote:
    Anyway, check that you have the following settings set in the WAN section of the netopia's config (if you don't know the user name and password to access the config pages, reset the modem to restore them to the default values)
    IOL provide a very clear booklet with the modem that includes the default username and password for the ZyXEL box, (with an exhortation to change the password as soon as you log in), and also explains that this is not the same as the username and password that configre the modem to use to "log in" to IOLBB.

One thing to note - the booklet says to add @IOLBB to the end of the username - as icegunner says, it should be lowercase - @iolbb.

Advertisement