Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP with hard disc drive. xp

Options
  • 31-08-2004 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

I seem to have changed something?When i double click on C drive it opens a driver program instead of showing me all folders. how do i change it back. I can right click and choose open and everything is there,

any help would be gratefully accepted

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Well one thing it could be, is that the default action associated with drives is set to something daft, in this case a 'driver program'(?)
    In an explorer window, open:
    >Tools
    -> Folder Options
    Go to the "File Types" tab.
    Highlight "Drive" on the list... then the Advanced button.

Here you should see the actions associated with double-clicking a drive icon... any non-standard events should show up here... most likely in bold text since it's the default action... hightlight the offending event and click remove.

Hehe, actually in walking through this, I've set a 'find' as my default drive action... I can't remove it because it's an inbuilt event... any ideas people?!!

Although, not to worry... this isn't a problem if you're using the folder pane on the left to browse your directories.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭pogcica

seems ok now thanks :D

Ok cool.
    I like fix0ring things!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

You should have given him some rep!

(02:03:23) (@Tib3r1uz) I fixed a problem for some guy on the windows board and the ungreatful ****er never even gave me rep for it

(Tib3r1uz = Santahoe)

• Advertisement

lol blantant fakelogs.
    Stop following me please oeNeo, (if that is your real name).

Advertisement