Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email limited to plaintext, want to resend them as html

Options
  • 31-08-2004 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Right guys, our call logging software here in work sends out emails when calls are opened, closed, etc. But they're crap. They're in plaintext, and it's difficult to get much information in without becoming hard to read. We're dealing with non-techinical users, so if it's not nicely laid out and sparkly, then they don't bother to read it. Then we get increased call/email volumes from people saying "I got a mail saying my call has been closed, but what's the solution?!", when it's simply a matter that they didn't read the mail for the solution.

The software won't let us send out HTML mails. Which is crap. So I'm looking for an alternate solution. It works on triggers, so I can do pretty much anything on the trigger - send a mail, generate a file, etc.

One suggestion was to run a service that polled a text file every so often to send out mails - i.e. when a call is opened, a text file is created, with the contents of the mail, then the next time this service runs, it takes the contents of the mail and sends it to the recipient - in HTML format. Anyone know of any app that would do something like this?

Or any other solutions? Environment is IIS and Exchange on Win2k3 Server.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

you could include a hyperlink to the solution document - I take it they are using outlook

if you can generate a file and have triggers take a look at BLAT - it should be able to send the generated file by SMTP through your exchange server.

Advertisement