Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Roleplay...

Options
  • 07-02-2000 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

First your going to need a history about yourself...
    http://mu.ranter.net/uo/howto.html

Here's a snippet...
    (This is the tragic part that starts to establish compassion-inspiring orphan status.)

Running away from the carnage, Magicgirl wiped away her tears and began to thrust items into Raul's pack that might be useful to him if he should need to flee... a spellbook, a few scrolls, some reagents, a dagger, a moulding plane, some boards, a candle, a blank book, and enough gold to purchase absolutely nothing useful.  "Vas Rel Por" she intoned, and a shimmering blue gate appeared.  "Raul, get thee through this gate.  Thou wilt emerge in (starting city) at (starting location, usually a tavern no one ever goes to).  Fates preserve thee!"  Raul stared at his mother for a long moment, Badguy and his gang riding up behind her, then did as he was bid and  plunged through just before the gate closed.

It did not long for Raul to learn that he was the only survivor* of Badguy's assault.  His mother and father were gone, his village destroyed.  Unsure of where his path would lead, he ran to the bank and stripped himself naked, managed to beg a club and a skinning knife off one of the more experienced players there, and headed for the training hall, the image of his mother's face in his mind and a Use LastObject/UseSkill Hide macro prepared.

* The "only survivor" thing is an important cliche, and is necessary to assure the reader that he is reading a heroic fantasy tale.  Don't worry if everyone else on your chosen fiction forum is also the only survivor of a PK attack; the landscape is NOT covered by thousands of burned villages.  The ground where the humble farmhouses were razed was built on 3 minutes later by some guy with a house deed so his murderer could have a place to macro.

Next, How to fill out that scroll...
    http://delusion.smart.net/cob/

And here is a fine example. smile.gif

tasha.jpg

Can't go wrong with a scroll like that. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 07-02-2000).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Excellent smile.gif

You still playing hobbes ?

You've missed a load of fun down in deepwater, we've been having a ball every night so far with them. Come back all is forgiven.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I just haven't really had time these days.

I was on last night. Woke up in Vesper, went to the bank and shouted "Liches are attacking COVE! Can anyone gate me".. then when some room had been made at the bank from all the people recalling out I banked my stuff and headed to Trinsic. smile.gif

At Trinsic, apprantly the Liche king Juo'Nar (related to Jou'Nar?) attacks near server down time every night.

So I'm standing around for about 20 minutes with all the tank mages all lined up to show how cool they are. Bored out of my tree I ICQ Kaleb, who's sitting at the other Trinsic entrance. I wander over, we chat and I get Mira instead (who's in Delucia). On my walk there I bump into 2 PK'ers who are busy whacking 2 newbies, I laugh and I get "Wtf are you laughing at?" followed by "Ex Por whatsit", at which point I had already vanished and stealthed off, leaving the muppets to trying reveal me.

Now at Trinsic, still waiting!!! ffs can't they invade properly? I start stealing from the people there... Perma cleaning I get guard whacked by an NPC.

I wander over to the healers, get ressed when a lich pops out of nowhere. Now here is me with 14 health, and the lich can't even chase me. It manages to poison me, but only lvl1 and I'm just sitting there waiting for Kaleb to show up. He cures and heals me and I go on my merry way. smile.gif

Then after a while I come across a dead body with 3 people standing around it. So stupid me starts to loot it, forgetting I'm in town. *whack* I wander back to the healers, but some muppet drags three liches into the healers, who then proceed to ress kill him. Finally he cops on the Liches aren't going to let him ress, so he stays as a ghost and liches whack the Healers instead. smile.gif

So I finally get a ress, and see another dead body.... not happy from the last one, I loot a bag of potions from this one and throw them behind a nearby wall. I'm about to loot again and someone runs up, looks at me and shouts "Guards"... nothing happens, I go " tongue.gif " and vanish.

Got some other bits and pieces, but the liches are a joke, I walking around no bother while people were screaming and dying. smile.gif Favorite one was someone screaming for a heal, so I told him to stand still.. then I let the lich whack him.

Oh yea, if I am on, it will be the weekends from now. :/

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 07-02-2000).]

Advertisement