Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Madonna Gig

• 31-08-2004 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭

I had to put this post up…

After being to the Madonna concert last Sunday and paying €90 on a ticket I have never been so disappointed with a gig ever before! Even the line-up was crap Iggie Pop was the biggest load of BALLS I have ever heard in my life don’t think you can even call it music! It was a pity Outcast cancelled … was looking forward to hearing them live.

When Madonna came on stage the volume of the music was low there was no atmosphere and I think the general consensus was to put back on the only bit of decent music we heard all night…the cd’s they were playing over the speakers during the build up!

Oh did you all know she got paid €2 million for 2 hours work!!?? :eek:

My two cents….…what did you guys think??

Cheers,

Jo.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Try this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Well if you're so disappointed, why don't you complain to MCD, write a letter to a newspaper etc etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

A friend of mine was at it, he got one of the free Slane residents tickets, and still felt he got ripped off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

hasn't she gotten sucked into that silly kabbalah movement thing? any cult..i mean *cough* religion that you have to pay 1000's of g's for is a load of ****.she won't drink anything but "kabbalah" water and silly crap like that.she seems to get lured into things like that easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

jo.king wrote:
    It was a pity Outcast cancelled … was looking forward to hearing them live.

They were never on the line-up. The Darkness were but then taken off anonymously. It's something that MCD seem comfortable doing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭jo.king

They were never on the line-up. The Darkness were but then taken off anonymously. It's something that MCD seem comfortable doing.

OOOPS sorry i meant 'The Darkness' :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

TBH unless youre a crazy Madonna fan then you got exactly what you paid for imo.

Loads of my friends and extended friends went to other Slanes but none of them went to this 'cause we knew Madonna would suck. I cant actually believe how many people went to it. €90 ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

The Darkness was doing the leeds and redding fextivals in the UK last weekend, was that when the madonna concert was? COmplain to MCD, explain that it was not the same product that was advertised and that it was substandard, on a technical aspect. Then send a carbon copy of the letter to The Indo, The Star etc etc.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

100,000 euro a song i think i heared it somewhere :rolleyes: :( :rolleyes:

to watch an old bag thats is 15 years of the pension

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

jo.king wrote:
    OOOPS sorry i meant 'The Darkness' :p
    I can't explain how much what you just said annoys me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

For those of you who went to this event I leave you with the final words of Kenny from southpark.

"Hello, Kenny, I'm Laura Jones, and this is Bob Ferrin."

"We're with the Make-A-Wish Foundation."

"Oh, Kenny, isn't that nice?"

"The Make-A-Wish Foundation?"

"We travel the country given special little boys and girls like you their biggest wish."

"Neat, huh Kenny?"

"Yes."

"So Kenny, if you could have ONE wish, what would it be?"

"What's your wish, pal?"

"I guess the only thing I wish is to not die."

"What did he say?"

"He said his wish is not to die."

"Oh-kay, and, what if you're gonna have two wishes, what would the second one be?"

"I know! I bet you wanna meet Madonna, huh?"

"No, fu*king Madonna..."

"What was that?

"Madonna is an old anorexic whor* who wore out her welcome years ago, and that now she suddenly speaks with a British accent and she thinks she can play guitar and she should go fu*k herself"

Advertisement