Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Console Do You Have??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I have a nes sittin in my room beside my n64. a gamecube on my big telly downstairs. had an original gameboy around somewhere, sold my color one a while back. gonna get an xbox within the next month

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

GameCube
    GBA SP
    2 N64s.
    And I'm looking for a SNES at the moment. I'm not really interested in buying an Xbox or a PS2, no matter how much I get slagged in work over being a Nintendo fangirl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

Thought the ps2 would just about beat the xbox but the xbox is leading (by 20%!).

I have an xbox and a gamecube myself, although I only really play the PC tbh. Got a new small controller for the xbox, so maybe things will change. I'll have to check out ninja gaiden.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

really a pc man here but i have

PS2
    Gamecube
    GBA
    old chunkified gameboy
    gameboy color

i've an old sinclair light gun but no console or anything

Yeah, you can't beat the fps with the keyboard and mouse. Pity they don't have much support for vibration mice. Ifeel mouse had that feature (the concept of the mouse was that it was for use by blind people. Think brail. It had rumble support though for soldiers of fortune 2 and I guess a few others).

Halo worked quite well with the control pad (the chunky one IMO is great for fps). The game was very arcadey and there wasn't that much snipe or be sniped action or difficult rainbow six style accurate shooting, so you didn't really need the flexibility and sensitivity of the keyboard and mouse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

ps2 that i never play. Gamecube that i seldom play. GBA and GBA sp that I seldom play. not mad about consoles any more :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

Cabaal wrote:
    X-Box modded with XBox Media Center
    I don't even use it for games :D

ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 54,330 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

xbox rules

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The xbox is a bad console. But what you can do to the xbox is what makes it good.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,330 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

the xbox is class the games are brillaint halo ninja gaiden and so many more

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote:
    The xbox is a bad console.
    The console's hardware is actually quite terrific. The hard drive is pretty good for ripping soundtracks for games, endless game saves, extra levels/ add ons, virtual memory (which worked great for halo and resulted in it's lack of loading times in levels), you can buy a media player for it for music/video, among other things.

The console is the only one that can perform in game surround sound. The graphics are pretty good, and I like the way the cord is quite long on the control pads and has it set into two cords, so you don't yank the console on to the floor. Also the emergency pause feature for when you disconnect the cord is great.

It also has a built in network card for broadband/LAN games.

Also uses DVD 9 for games, where's ps2 only uses dvd 9 for their dvds.

I remember talking to this guy and he was the biggest ps2 fanboy ever. He had done an internship in london with them, and even though he did a computer science degree, he still was convinced that the ps2 was more powerful then the xbox. He kept going on about the bandwidth and tried to confuse people by ranting on about hardware architecture, etc. I hate it when people are just so jaded.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The xbox hardware is pretty nifty and by far the most powerful of the 3 consoles. However a console is judged by its games and the xbox has the least amount of exclusive games that I would call essential. It does have some great classics such as Ninjan Gaiden and Panzer Dragoon Orta and some very promising games on the way (and from Bungies past track record Halo 2 should be excellent). However many of the good games are available on other formats and the PS2 and GC for me have far great exclusive games.

Saying the xbox was bad was a bit much. I wouldn't be disappointed if it was my only console. But when you get the xbox modded its a whole different beast. Emulation alone would makes it essential for me.

Tbh, I don't really play consoles any more. I think ps2 and xbox don't really have that many good exclusive games. I don't really think the ps2 has that many good exclusive games compared to their mammoth selection. You'd think there'd be more decent games for how many are out there.

I'll have to give the gamecube another try.

BTW, got silent hill 2 (ps2) and silent hill 3 (PC) both for a tenner in Smyths (they didn't have the cases). Two games for a tenner, can't go wrong! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Both games for a tenner!! That was awesome. I remmember playing Silent Hill 2. First game I got with my PS2. AMAZING GAME, and quite terrifying at times.

I remember silent hill 2 took me ages to get into and I had to bring it back before the action really began, which frustrated the hell out of me. I was thinking, silent hill 2 aint that good, but then I heard that it gets much better and you have to give it some patience. So I'm gonna give it another go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Silent hill 2 is class. It has one of the scariest monsters I've ever encountered in a game (I now have a phobia of anything pyrimidial :) ) . It's really one to play with the lights off and headphones on full blast, especially as its mostly the soundtrack and the creepy noises that do alot of the scaring throughout the game. It's a tad slow paced and if you really hate the survival horror games like the Resi Evil games you mightn't like this. Definately worth another try getting into though nexus, it's one of my favourite PS2 games. Should be on platinum now too.

I love the low light filter that they used in Silent Hill 2. It was very realistic and drew you into the game more. I think ID should have used a similar filter for Doom 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Wasted

Elite anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Wasted

Best game ever...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

2 xbox's + 1 playstation 1 here

• Advertisement
Advertisement