Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do You Buy A Games Magazine Every Month?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

XBM, Games TM, and PC gamer. Dont subscribe to them but i might pick up the odd copy of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Ah, Sega Power, now there was a magazine that I would never miss an issue of.

i was just clearing out my room and found an old issue of that. Yeah it was cool. I esp love when they were reviewing alien trilogy that they would give half of the review to explaining the films and then going on about the upcoming alien 4 which has rumours of cloning in it etc. hehe ahhh memories...pity they are tainted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Gamesmaster used to be good at the time when Sega Power was still around. Something went wrong when they got some of the PC Gamer crowd working for them and wrestling game started getting far too much attention. Ah, Sega Power, now there was a magazine that I would never miss an issue of.

I hate gamesmaster. it is so cluttered. THEY TRY AND CRAM SO MUCH ONTO ONE PAGE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Do you remmember OIPM (Official Irish Playstation Magazine)? That was a great playstation magazine, but they just stopped after 20 or so issues.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

didnt it go bust? corerect me if i'm wrong

used to by pc gamer, just read online revies now, dam magazines getting too exspensive

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

sci0x wrote:
    Do you remmember OIPM (Official Irish Playstation Magazine)? That was a great playstation magazine, but they just stopped after 20 or so issues.

Yes i remember it and it was a load of Sony biased rubbish. Actually it was the worst magazine I ever bought. I bought one issue because it had an exclusive FF9 review. Quite possibly the worst review I've ever read that wasn't in 1337 speak. They gave it 9/10 and said they marked it down by 1 point because the plot was similar to FF7. They obviously played the game for all of 30 minutes. And the letter page was a joke. It was full of 10 year olds letters saying how much better they are than the other people on the letters page because they beat MGS or FF7 in a faster time (I kid you not).

Its no wonder that this excuse for ass wipe was discontinued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Actually I remmember those letter alright. They had a highest score thing, buy sure you could just make up any score you wanted. I may still have those issues, must give a look. I won loads of games from them. I wrote in giving cheats to games people wanted and won Smackdown and I won some other game too through a competition.

Im probably just biased towards Irish based material. If another Irish PS2 mag came out, i'd buy it too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It was a missed oppurtunity. It was only 5 yoyos and came with a demo disc. But the journalism was terrible and childish.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

For 6 years I collected Edge, every issue. & up untill last month I looked upon my collection with pride. Stopped my order in my local newsagent, came to the conclusion that I new more about video games then I did in the subject I'm about to obtain a degree in. Which was a bit disconcerting

Advertisement