Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Commuting Drogheda - Sandyford - Any experiences ?

• 31-08-2004 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi Guys and Gals,

I am currently considering to buy an apartment in Drogheda. I am working in Sandyford, and will have to commute.

Any experiences? How long will it take, how much do you pay a month for tolls etc. ?

I have flexible working hours, that means I will start work at 7, and leave around 3, so I should get around teh worst of traffic.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    DSAB

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

If you're commuting at those times, you really don't need to use the new motorway, the roads will be clear all the way to Dublin at that hour of the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I work in Leopardstown and tend to start work at 7am alot of mornings also. The roads are very very quiet during your morning commute. Going through town at that time can be a bit annoying due to fairly restrictive speed limits that are being enforced more and more.. The M50 is nearly double the difference but you will be able to do 70mph the whole way but will have to pay the toll.

The main problems might occur when you finish depending on where in Sandyford you work. If you are at the M50 side I can only recommend taking that new slip road and using the M50 to go home. If you work over by the Leopardstown side, I would be more inclined to slip down Brewery Road onto the N11.. The traffic on the road that goes paralell to the start of the Luas is a nightmare for traffic (I often spend time looking out of the 5th floor of my building feeling sorry for anyone stuck in it). Where is Sandyford you are based would pretty much determine which route you take home. The commute in would be handy...

A possible alternative would be the train to Dublin, Dart to Blackrock and then get the 114 to Sandyford. The 114 is surprising quick, only takes 15-20 mins to get from Leopardstown to Blackrock at 5pm for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

A possible alternative would be the train to Dublin, Dart to Blackrock and then get the 114 to Sandyford. The 114 is surprising quick, only takes 15-20 mins to get from Leopardstown to Blackrock at 5pm for example.
    Much as I'd approve of it, the first Arrow out of Drogheda is 0614 arrives Blackrock 0732 (later trains provide direct services).

Luas might also provide options, but not that early.

dsab, isn't Drogheda a bit far.

Advertisement