Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fleadh Price Hike - rip off

Options
  • 31-08-2004 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

As a local living and working in the Clonmel area I was delighted to see the Fleadh Cheoil returning to the town this year. However I was not so delighted to see the massive price hikes in some local shops and restaurants.

One restaurant I was in yesterday had a special "Fleadh Cheoil Menu". Compared to their regular menu there was reduced choice and increased price (20-25% increase). Needless to say I didn't have my lunch there and won't be going back again.

I know that similar price hikes have occurred in some other shops/bars/restaurants in the town. I think it's an absolute disgrace that because we get so many visitors (100k-300k depending on whose report you read!) to the town for a week businesses have decided to rip them off. It's pure greed and won't entice anyone to come back.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

That's one thing I noticed when attending events and the like in America. You still get charged the going rate for food, drinks etc as you would in a normal establishment. They don't feel the need to rip people off when there's a once off event. Some pubs around Landsdowne Road upped the price of drink when Ireland were playing in the Rugby. It's so very Irish to take advantage of these situations. Any pub, restaurant or shop that is found to be doing this should be boycotted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Name and shame. It's one way to stop it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Imposter wrote:
    Name and shame. It's one way to stop it.
    What shame? This is Ireland in the 21st Century, and these guys have no shame!

Advertisement