Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HWCH festival

Options
  • 31-08-2004 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭

Just to remind you all there's a great festival with loads of bands happening this weekend all around temple bar

all details are from here

HWCH

our band Polar are on in The Mezz this Friday night at about 9.45 :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Micko its Dicko

Is there any other way of gettin to se youse except for getting a wristband for the whole weekend?

Dont really wanna see anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

whats the craic man? no idea to tell you the truth... i'm sure you'd be allowed head to one venue for one gig, but dont quote me on it. just back from holidays so trying to catch up on everything going on :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Micko its Dicko

Is there any other way of gettin to se youse except for getting a wristband for the whole weekend?

Dont really wanna see anyone else.
    Don't want to see anyone else... out of a hundred bands? I'm sure you could find one or two. The are some great bands playing at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Arse!
    So tempted to get a ticket but I'd be on my todd at all the gigs!

*whimper*

Damn other people and their holidays!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭addicted

Amz darling,I m going taking in the excellent Alphastates,pony club,saville,nina hynes,polar amongst others.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

The Frames, Iain Archer, Jamie Lawson, Ginseng, Dwight, Fair Verona, Berkeley for me.
    Pity some clash with others.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

When are Berkley playing?

Hrm... goddamnit so many to pick from!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭addicted

Amz wrote:
    When are Berkley playing?

Hrm... goddamnit so many to pick from!!

got a decent printable view of the timetable ?

some bands are listed at diff times on the website.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

theres a timetable on the news section of the site www.hwch.net click on the day bout half way down the page to view the times

there's loads of bands i want to see. gonna have to take it easy though because i have exams on monday and tuesday

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Yo.The Berkeley aren't playing.
    Wanna see fighting with wire.Polar.Laugh at Mixtwitch.......ummm I think that's about it tbh.

Here're those links for timetables:
    Friday
    Saturday
    Sunday

• Advertisement

Why not? They were listed a few days ago.

They still are listed. They pulled out more than a month ago now. Whoever runs that website/"Moderates" their forums, really hasn't a clue. Maybe the HWCH people want to make it look lik they're still playing to attract interest or something. I haven't a clue why they're still on the list tho :( Basically, they were given a **** slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

anyone know where the st michaels church type venue is?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 bec

its part of christ church cathedral.......u get ur pass yet missus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

the66e, Turn, [LOST], Polar, Fair Verona, Fairuza, The Ultra Montanes, Morello, Mike Got Spiked, Republic Of Loose, Ellison9, Pony Club, Neosupervital, Waiting Room, The Voyeurs.
    Sweet.
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Neil_B

Sundogs
    Day: Saturday
    Venue: Mezz
    Time: 8.00-8.30

sundogsposter_red2-vi.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Arthur Peanut

Hi,

Ham Sandwich will be playing the Hard Working Heroes Festival on Friday in the Mezz. along with the maladies and others so pop along. they're also going to be on Jenny Huston's show tonight on 2FM playing two of their own song's and one interesting cover. Feel free to check em out,

www.eathamsandwich.com
    http://eathamsandwich.proboards24.com/index.cgi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Neil_B

Well done on getting the seasion!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

dregin-x wrote:
    Maybe the HWCH people want to make it look lik they're still playing to attract interest or something

I'd love to agree with that Dregin, but you've been to the last 2 Berkeley gigs in Dublin, right? The ones where about 40 or 50 people were at? That statement makes no sense whatsoever. I'd say it's down to the moderators just not updating the site. Anyway, it's a crying shame they pulled out. It's been months since I've seen 'em playing live.

Last two gigs, apart from supporting Future Kings of ****e were the Kurt tribute in TBMC and the gig in the The hub. Both venues were pretty full for those. So more than 40-50 people I'd say. I guess I'm biased with this, but I reckon after Turn and the Frames they're probably the best known band that were lined up to play this.
    Also, I covered myself in that post with - "I haven't a clue why they're still on the list tho"...It was more a guess than a statement.

[edit]
    Forgot about Mixtwitch, but with Doran's bein over 18s that's their whole fanbase gone.
    [/edit]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

Sorry Dregin, I meant their last two headline gigs, ie the Hub and TBMC gigs, both of which were fairly badly attended. And by fairly badly, read very badly!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭delorentos

this festival should be great.

everyone should go and support new and upcoming bands!

ye never know you might see someone special....

Whole evening was brilliant. Casually going from venue to venue was excellent. I wish it was always like this.

Surprise of the night were Rulers Of The Planet, despite a very poor opening song, brilliant set. Definatly going next time you play. There only one band I really want to see tomorrow, but I'm definatly going for as long as I can.

Apart from Fighting With Wire, Polar and Mike Got Spiked, all the bands I saw were shíte.
    Mixtwitch were so fúckin bad. They've been goin long enough to know how to sing in tune. Maybe not their fault or whatever. They did all new stuff......and it's shít.
    Also sat through the end of velvetron. Seemed to be one big cliché. I dunno, I didn't like the real cure, I doubt pretenders to their "throne" are gonna be up to much.
    Who else.......a band in the music centre, not sure of the name...had this metal guitarist who could play about 3 chords.
    For some reason I thought pinion were a Ramones cover band, they were fairly good nonetheless.

To be fair, I couldn't concentrate enough on the bands i didnt like because of the boredom, to give them a fair run in the quality stakes. Maybe they just aren't my thing. It didn't look like I was alone.....can't get over how much mixtwitch have gone down the lost prophets road to destruction :( Used to be nice fast happy stuff. Now the baggy pants and trucker caps are takin over. First Irish band I really liked :'(

Yeah, saw Mixtwitch. I heard that they were a pretty dreadful band. They turned out to be a pretty dreadful band.

You really missed a good set with Rulers Of The Planet Dregin.

Missed Pinion unfortunatly. Haven't seen them in a long while. Got to see Mixtwitch unfortunatly. Haven't seen them in a long while either. They were pretty much exactly the same, maybe a little worse. No songs I knew. ****e. Rulers Of The Planet were, as Jim said, brilliant! Will all depend on the second time I see them live, but for now I'm well impressed.

The set up of the whole thing is excellent. Venues are all pretty close to each other and suitable. St. Michael's Church looks brilliant inside, though I didn't actually get to see anyone there yesterday. Will definitly be going there today. Really well orginised and attended. Happy to see almost every venue was full. Really looking forward to the rest of the festival now...

Bands I want to see today: Blink, Dwight, Ten Past Seven.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

dregin-x wrote:
    Apart from Fighting With Wire,

Funny you should say that, I was talking to Cahir and Craig after the show and they thought they played sh*te.

Wasn't helped by the piss poor turnout, really bad planning by the organisers to have FWW in Meeting House Square, few punters were gonna take a chance on an unknown band when they didn't have access to beer while watching. Nice to see the Morello boys and Phil from Supremo giving some support mind, fair play Dregin as well.

p.s. wonder are the diners in the various restaraunts around the square on some sort of cut-price deal for their grub, t'is a noisy place to be going down on bended knee if you're that way inclined... ;)

Oh, by the way...

What I saw of 8 Ball and Pony Club impressed me.

Tonight I'm looking forward to Ten Past Seven and Waiting Room, and will throw the head into Kader Fire, Neosupervital (if I can find that Church... :D ) and The Voyeurs.

(if I can find that Church... :D )
    Takes a while to find alright. Missed Ann Scot because of it walking around looking for it. Turns out it's right across from where DNC used to be. Walked right by it and didn't notice it. Doesn't really look like a church.

• Advertisement

DNC?

Wha' dat?

Advertisement