Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HWCH festival

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Was a net café. It's just beyond the Turks head.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Have been hearing loads of good things about that damn rulers of the planet gig. /me hits seld on head.....wait. I hadnt heard of them til this morning.Ah well. I hear The organizer is in some band that are wánking lyrical to get signed through HWCH and that's why Berkeley got ****ed up the ass. Supposedly the whole thing is aimed at getting this band signed.....Stars of the city....Apparently Berkeley had a decent slot and then this pile of pish decided they wanted it instead........organizer is in this band so Berkeley get fúcked off to some pile of shíte that they weren't originally booked for.

Sucks to be a corporate rock whóre so.
    Next year we'll be sacraficing Frames merchandise (live) on stage.It has been decided.

Eh anyway... Tonight was even better than last night. Thought Blink were pretty good. Have never seen them before. Dwight were excellent, as usual. And Ten Past Seven were amazing. Didn't really think an insturmental band could have pulled off such a brilliant set, but I was quite wrong. I'll definitly be seeing them in the future. Neosupervital was just weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Neosupervital. Weirest 10 minutes of my life. Very cool.
    Ten Past Seven amazingly brilliant. Enjoying the cd now.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭furryvision

be sure to check out the rags at TBMC tonight. they are excellent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

Stars of the city?
    "The Organiser"?
    conspiracies?

sounds like the matrix...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Ten Past Seven = best live band in this country.

Amazing show, completely blown away (again).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭ilovehoovering

another *yay* for Ten Past Seven. everytime i've seen them this year they've been absolutely brilliant. Waiting Room were also great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Neosupervital was brilliant, as always!
    Amongst many many others which I'm too tired to list right now.
    Great weekend was had. :D
    xxx me

Waiting Room were also great.
    Grr... I missed Waiting Room and Fred 'cause I completly lost track of time. I hear they were both brilliant.

Sunday was rather good also. Jamie Lawson was much better than I was expecting, or than he was last time I saw him. So were Turn. I was most impressed with their set. Probably the best of the day, I'd say. Frames set was mostly good. Bit disappointing at the end though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Didn't spend anywhere near enough time checking bands last night. Missed 66e by a whisker, so the only full set I got was Turn which was good.

Spent most of the rest of the night getting hammered in the smoking beer garden in the Music Centre. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 choice

Did anyone see The Chakras they were on at 11:20 on Saturday at The Hub?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Tombo

Hey. Were they the band with the drum machine and keyboard player?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Iain Archer's T-shirt. Gotta get me one of them.

IMG_1288b.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 choice

No, The Chakras were on after them I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 NO ME TO KNOW

Juno Falls were somethin else... I was kinda surprised to say the least. :eek:

On stage way too early. There was only a handfull to see em.

Is it just the way I feel, or are they the most under-rated band this country has ever had?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

Is it just the way I feel, or are they the most under-rated band this country has ever had?

its just the way you feel.
    they're good like, but they're not the most under-rated band this country has ever had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

berkeley were never booked to play the slot that stars of the city played, if the website says that it's wrong, brian (organiser dude who's in the band) put SOTC in that slot when they were organising it first, as you would if you were organising it, rather than move people round (all very well organised, see?)

juno falls aren't the most underrated band ever, but they're among 'em.. fúckin deadly.. preferred blo.tooth myself but same difference, but yeah (i'm babbling..) they don't get enough recognition, and should have been on later in the day.
    and iain archer (who was beautiful..)shoulda been on before republic of loose (who were fúckin brilliant)
    and everyone shoulda been on after that frames set. big smouldering pile of ****e...
    but i'd seen their soundcheck earlier, and that was deadly...
    funny how things work out..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Doolap

dregin-x wrote:
    I hear The organizer is in some band that are wánking lyrical to get signed through HWCH and that's why Berkeley got ****ed up the ass. Supposedly the whole thing is aimed at getting this band signed.....Stars of the city....Apparently Berkeley had a decent slot and then this pile of pish decided they wanted it instead........organizer is in this band so Berkeley get fúcked off to some pile of shíte that they weren't originally booked for.

Sucks to be a corporate rock whóre so.

Ooookay...

Something tells me that it might be just a little bit easier to organise something called a showcase gig or to travel to England if the organiser wanted to get his band signed. Organising a festival for 100 bands seems like a very convaluted way of attracting attention. You never know, maybe his band has a "demo" that they could give out to attract attention. Did anyone miss Berkely? I doubt it!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

All apologies, I was working around rumours from someone who told someone who told someone, etc.

Yes, quite a few people missed Berkeley.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

As much as I hate to agree with Dregin on anything (;)) I missed Berkeley!
    xm

I could have done with some Berkeley too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Al Pinionpants

dregin-x wrote:
    For some reason I thought pinion were a Ramones cover band, they were fairly good nonetheless.
    (

hmm, Pinhead are a Ramones cover band... and ironically our next gig is with a Ramones cover band (called Psycho Therapy) but no we don't do the covers thing. Glad you enjoyed the HWCH set, we thought we had a bad gig that night tho, that's Doran's for ya!
    ...but we're playing TBMC on the 23rd September if you want to catch us playing our full set in one of our favourite venues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Tombo

Hey i saw Pinion! Do you have a spikey haired punk singer? I think you were the first band i saw on froday night.

You no good punk kids! Well actyually you quite good punk kids ;)

Fred were great on saturday night. There was definitely a serious cork thing goin on in the hub - half the bands playing that night were cork! By the end of the night i had to keep checking to make sure i wasn't calling people 'feen' and 'langer'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Doolap

My apologies for the dissing of Berkley. I was merely implying that if lots of people wanted to see them they could have played a different slot; but yay for the festival in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 coldspoon consp

Ro: maaan! wrote:
    And Ten Past Seven were amazing. Didn't really think an insturmental band could have pulled off such a brilliant set, but I was quite wrong. I'll definitly be seeing them in the future.

yeah, 7:10 are unbelievable!

Ten Past Seven support The Coldspoon Conspiracy in Whelans on Friday 15th October. Adm is 8 euro.
    Also playing are Dry County.

The Coldspoon Conspiracy www.thecoldspoonconspiracy.com
    Ten Past Seven www.outonalimbrecords.com
    Dry County www.drycounty.org

Advertisement