Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cash Game (ATT DeV)

Options
  • 31-08-2004 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭

Can I just ask what you were thinking with that call in the cash game the other night?

DeVs hand AhKh10h and a dangler
    Flop: JhJc8h

DeV bets the pot and gets raised all in
    Did you realise that your only outs at this stage were runner runner for the straight flush, even if he hadnt hit his house he had three cards in his hand to give him a house reducing your hearts outs further

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

did you notice I was drunk?! :)

Anyway, whats your point? That I'm not very good at omaha? No argument here!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

no i just know that you like the mathematical aspect of the game, saw you think about it and just wondered what you could have been thinking even when i told you to throw it away

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

DeVore wrote:
    did you notice I was drunk?! :)

Anyway, whats your point? That I'm not very good at omaha? No argument here!

DeV.

Ive made far worse calls in omaha in a drunken stupor, memorably I once called a 25Euro bet on the river with K high, I lost to a full house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭fixer

I play okay a b it drunk...it's later in the night when i get tired that I make terrible calls...like that all in for 175 euro in a PL omaha game at the Macao in Cork. Still don't know what I was thinking, had one of those visions of seeing myself from outside my body and yelling "run away, die die die!" and my tired, drunken self just thinking he was bluffing me. In go the chips, out come his trip 2s...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Ive made far worse calls in omaha in a drunken stupor, memorably I once called a 25Euro bet on the river with K high, I lost to a full house

Haha, that actually made me physically laugh.

I realised you HAVE to use 2 cards after I'd already lost over €200 at the cash games. That's why I've never sat at a cash game since. Although Oscar seems to be raking it in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

That is because Oscar is very good. That's why he's on the dream team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Marq wrote:
    That is because Oscar is very good. That's why he's on the dream team.

Like it :D:D

Advertisement