Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most dissapointing Game you have ever played for and played

Options
  • 31-08-2004 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭

For me its Star Wars Galaxies hands down

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

For me it was Enter The Matrix!Such a crap game

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Batbat wrote:
    For me its Star Wars Galaxies hands down
    I downloaded the trial a couple of months ago...still not installed it...the joys of BB...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

EA Rugby 2004 was the worst game I've ever paid my hard-earned money for. It was nothing less than an embarrassment to EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Need for speed underground. Wasn't worth the ?5 to rent it.

EDIT: Why is there no euro sign on the boards? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

I paid €7 for sega gt :rolleyes: , the most bugged game I have ever played!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Final Fantasy X-2. Hands down the worst RPG I've ever played and that includes paying for and playing Legend of Dragoon. The fact that i imported it adds insult to injury. Terrible story, annoying characters, atrocious battle system and a hair pulling random encounter rate. i've gotten quite far in it but will take a mammoth amount of self discipline to beat.

Also Sparkster for the Mega drive. After the excellent Rocket Knight Adventures i thought this would be great. It wasn't. It was an extremely average game that I trired to like but didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Mario sunshine! what a load of pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Final Fantasy X-2. Hands down the worst RPG I've ever played and that includes paying for and playing Legend of Dragoon. The fact that i imported it adds insult to injury. Terrible story, annoying characters, atrocious battle system and a hair pulling random encounter rate. i've gotten quite far in it but will take a mammoth amount of self discipline to beat.

QUOTE]

Agreed, I cleared it, but only cause I was very bored, very very poor for an FF game.

Doom 3 was worse those, so overhyped by the graphics.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

ReefBreak wrote:
    EA Rugby 2004 was the worst game I've ever paid my hard-earned money for. It was nothing less than an embarrassment to EA.
    Yeah, its the worst game that I have paid...err played...

looks like something from 1994 and hasnt even got the rules right!
    hello?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

Rise of the Robots.

614137.jpg

Jesus it was 1995. 9 years ago. I read a preview of it in some pc magazine and decided then and there it was going to be the best game ever cause it looked so cool.

A beatem up. You couldn't even jump over your opponents, as in switch sides. Amazing graphics though. But what a **** game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Most recently it would have to be Malice...

It felt like it was made by people who had read about platform games but never actually played one.

dangerman wrote:
    Rise of the Robots.

614137.jpg
    Amazing graphics though. But what a **** game.

the graphics were horrible... characters would go from a standing position to a kick with no animation in between.

And lets not forget to mention the Brian May soundtrack...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

the graphics were horrible... characters would go from a standing position to a kick with no animation in between.

And lets not forget to mention the Brian May soundtrack...

I don't remember that problem with the animation, i thought the robots looked pretty cool but I'm sure your right.

Haha, I'd totally forgotten about the brian may thing!! Yeh. Terrible.

dangerman wrote:
    I don't remember that problem with the animation, i thought the robots looked pretty cool but I'm sure your right.

It might have had varying degrees of crapness across the different formats. I can't remember which one I played now...

It was a huge multi format release though... every console and computer seemed to get a version of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

gotta say ff X-2, didnt buy it thank god

and twisted metal black i played the earlier games when i was small and it just wasnt what i remembered....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

The worst for me would have to be a game called "Shattered Steel"

Well I didn't really play the game but if it was 5mb i dont think its very enjoyable imho.

Pyr0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Wolfy

cant remember the name but it was the jetfighter game for the n64. total gheyness,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

C&C Tiberian Sun. Steath tanks and scout bikes are NOT AN ARMY :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I had enormous expectations for final fantasy x2 after playing 7 & 9 and then being amazed by final fantasy X, in only 2 minutes of final fantasy x2 i know something was horribly wrong and it just seemed to get worse as time went on, i gave up over half way though, a truly awfull abomination of a game, i hope sqaure never repeat this screwup again:( this game also has the most annoying characters is a game ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

bus77 wrote:
    C&C Tiberian Sun. Steath tanks and scout bikes are NOT AN ARMY :mad:

it's called a futuristic army. but some of the tanks in that game were terrinle. like the ones that turned into tres and the likes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Gangland.

That was money thrown away, but not because the game was really that bad, it did have a nice syndicate feel to it with a bit of RPG, but once I got my new system setup running I found out that the game came with that damned Starforce, and I was ****ed if I was installing the game again. Lesson learned tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Ive never really been shattered by a game expectation wise because im extremely cautious about hype, pretty much ignore the magazine reviews, always look to play a demo and I dont think Ive ever bought a game inside a week of its release - I always let others be the guinea pigs.

That said, I was dissapointed by UT2003. I wasnt happy with the demo, but I loved UT CTF so much that I couldnt conceive of UT2003 being anything other than great, the demo ctf map an abberation. It wasnt, most of the ctf maps were just plain bad eye candy, only one or two rose to the dizzy heights of blandness. They changed the style of the game from UT CTF - boosting player agility massively, and obviously didnt pass along the vital info to the level designers, who kept to old style size specifications making it all feel very cramped. They messed around with the translocator, which *defined* UT CTF in an attempt to appease Instagibbers and Quakers - who were never going to play with it anyway. It was just dissapointing to see the simple things done so wrong.

But ya, apart from that silliness on my part Ive rarely wasted my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,688 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Akklaim just went into bankrupcy today, Rise of the Robots seems to have eventually caught up with them :)

I downloaded a sequel to Chrono Trigger I think it was, to be played via snes emulator. It turned out to be a text based adventure :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I downloaded a sequel to Chrono Trigger I think it was, to be played via snes emulator. It turned out to be a text based adventure

I had the misfortune of playing that as well. Truly terrible and had nothing to do with either chrono games. Well they gave it away free in japan so what was I to expect. The extra endings were laughable and cruel at the same time. You made a decision at the start of the game and after 2 minutes it launched into 45 minutes of text were you made no decisions until the end screen. The second secret ending for me made me stop playing. Ehats her face turned into a giant evil sunflower I was screaming make it stop until the end.

The music was alright :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭DrColossus

tiberian sun was crap to an extent but i enjoyed the cheesy acting for a while.

Teh worst game ive ever payed for was Sonic 3D on teh megadrive *gutted*
    I was a kid aswell, and dat was ALL my money.

still hurts today :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Battlefield: Road to Rome, this expansion for all I know could of been made by a 5 year old. Wait no thats an insult to the 5 year olds. Also Sudeki was a load a ****e, what a let down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Old skool let downs:
    I remember i bought G-loc for the atari when i was a kid, after seeing the cool spinning cabinet in the arcades. Jesus H Christ. The abomination that was the home conversions is better left forgotten.
    That f*cking primal fear game was an atrocity too. I remember getting it for my mega drive and was all excited, then i tuned it on. And it all went to hell. And not in the good kind of way.

New let downs:
    I guess deus ex 2 was a bit of a let down. I did like the game, but combat is so clunky in it, and the sense of freedom is just a total illusion, you only make one game changing decision in the entire game.
    Vice city (on ps2). After gta3 being such a classic i had high hopes for this, only for it to be nothing more than gta3 with bikes. And worse graphics than gta3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Resident Evil 0, horrible horrible game, nice graphics and billy was one of the least annoying males in the series, but the game itself was just not fun and the character zapping was a stupid gimmick instead of something that could have changed the series for the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭combs

Nights Into Dreams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles.
    Just poo.

Advertisement