Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most dissapointing Game you have ever played for and played

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nights Into Dreams

Don't you dare. I'm only just experiencing the joys of this great game. Although saying that I didn't pay much for it and haven't played an awful lot for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Clock Tower 3 on the Playstation 2 is my pick. After playing the fantastic first game thanks to emulation (note. it was one of the first survival horror games complete with 10 endings, lots of different paths to follow and some tense moments even with ****ty SNES graphics) and then the good-but-not-as-good second game, the third in the series was a complete disapointment. Obvious puzzles and with some atrocious gameplay (I truly hated the boss encounters) and not to mention that fact it could be completed in about 3-4 hours made this a waste of €60. It really was a shame, expectations were so high when they drafted in the director of Battle Royale and gave it a nice lick of paint, totally botched though :( Replay value consisted of an extra hard mode, which if you beat, you got to see the protaganist (a 13-year old girl), dressed up in a hooker outfit, nice one guys :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Deadwing wrote:
    Vice city (on ps2). After gta3 being such a classic i had high hopes for this, only for it to be nothing more than gta3 with bikes. And worse graphics than gta3

well i think the graphics were better than gta3 but you have a point about the gameplay.

Speakin of consoles i got a few cynical laughs out of that recent tombraider game. angel of darkness i think. Total mingbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Metal gear solid 2: Substance on the PC.

Worst console port EVER. The game makes reference to playstation/xbox controllers, and is just impossible to control with a keyboard and mouse. I never even played it past the first level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I'd agree on MGS2 (PC), but I won't because I had a Playstation2 controller hooked up via a USB converter so it was absolutely ideal! :p
    Completed it twice, loved every minute of it.

For me it was Silent Hill 2 (PC), it was so unbelievably boring... over-use of darkness and fog... there didn't seem to be any specific goal apart from wandering around solving puzzles and hitting creepy looking things with a plank.
    I really wanted to like that game, but I still can't bring myself to sit through it. €50 down the drain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I tried one of those things too, but it didn't work (?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

For me it was Final Fantasy Tactics on GBA. Just cannot get my head around what I am meant to be doing. Really disappointed with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Street Fighter 2 on the Spectrum - a 180 minute tape i think... and monochrome colours - although you did get to choose which revolting shades you wanted to play it in! ARRRRGGHHH Make it stop!!

Daikatana for the PC... cant say i actually bought it but definitely one of the worst games ever after so much hype.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

For me it was Final Fantasy Tactics on GBA. Just cannot get my head around what I am meant to be doing. Really disappointed with it

Forgot about that one. Ikinda like it but compared to the excellent FF tactics on the PS1 this game is a load of crud. Square-Enix are feeling the reprecussions of firing Nobuo Uematsu. Their gamessince he left have been well below their usual excellence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

They fired uematsu!? Idiots! He was the most talented one!

• Advertisement

Stephen wrote:
    I tried one of those things too, but it didn't work (?)
    Hmm I was using some €20 euro RockFire PSX converter I got in Peats... the only thing that needed tweaking was one of the config files to get the Y-axis on my right thumbstick working... the dual-shock feature doesn't really transfer well to directX and the pressure sensitive buttons only operated as standard buttons.
    Perfectly playable though.

Deadwing wrote:
    They fired uematsu!? Idiots! He was the most talented one!
    Agreed, his work on FF7 really was the icing on the cake ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

santahoe u should really finish silint hill 2 as for me the ending of the story of the game really made me like the game it is very clever
    Brock
    P.s metal gear 2 was the most dissappointing game ever also driv3r was carp i enjoyed it for a brief half hr then it all just went to crap

Sorry lads I meant they fired Hironobu Sakaguchi.

And didn't actually fire him just demoted him to a laughable position in the company and forced him to leave. He has set up his own company and has been working on 2 games for over 2 years and hopefully they get published in here or at least in america.

Santahoe you really should finish silent hill 2. IMO that game is the best in the series, but i dunno, maybe youre just not the survival horror type. But the ending was brilliant, really tied the room together to quote the dude. :D
    MGS2 was a bit of a disappointment too..i mean raiden...wtf?? You get to play as a bad ass action hero for twenty minutes then they replace him with a limp dicked ladyboy who spends the rest of the game blubbering about his fucking feelings?
    And as for the ending..what int he name of greek buggery was that all about??
    If snake eater ever comes out maybe itll give mgs back the good name it once had.

Andof course there was Rose the uber annoying girlfriend constantly annoying you because you forgot your anniversary. Actually that was a big twist in the plot. I was sure Raiden forgot her birthday.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Andof course there was Rose the uber annoying girlfriend constantly annoying you because you forgot your anniversary. Actually that was a big twist in the plot. I was sure Raiden forgot her birthday.
    rofl. Yeah i forgot about that. Huge plot twist on a scale even the sixth sense didnt achieve. All through the game you think he forgot her birthday..but then...*WOW* turns out it was thier anniversarry he forgot. OMG! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

having played and very much enjoyed Wizball on the c64, i then got a version for the pc (having broken my c64 the previous year). it was just terrible. the colours were all over the place (and the point of the game is to do with colours ffs!!) and the controls even with a joystick were really slow and out of sync). lucky for me years later i would stumble accross an emulator. ah the glory days returned!!

mission impossible on the n64 was pretty dire.
    also i hated mario 2 on the nes. however mario 3 more than made up for it.

Deadwing wrote:
    maybe youre just not the survival horror type.
    Well for me Resident Evil defined survival horror and to some extent Alone in the Dark before it... I liked those games, but Silent Hill 2 has too many monotonous puzzles and boring repetitive combat.

In Resident Evil, I'd actually be a little creeped out to have five zombies shuffling towards me when I know my health is in the red.
    I just found the first few hours of Silent Hill 2 pretty unrewarding and samey with no sense of plot development, it just seemed so aimless.

The script writers failed to engage me within a tolerable time limit and suck me into a place where I care about the plot... Final Fantasy 7 on the other hand was a perfect example of how to get me hooked within the first 10 minutes :)
    Believe me, I've tried to get into that game, but reinstall after reinstall I come out with the same conclusion... it's a boring game with a daft plot, I just couldn't be arsed sitting through it - waiting for it to get good.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭VirtualNemesis

Alone In The Dark 4
    Muck!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

SantaHoe wrote:
    I'd agree on MGS2 (PC), but I won't because I had a Playstation2 controller hooked up via a USB converter so it was absolutely ideal! :p
    Completed it twice, loved every minute of it.

For me it was Silent Hill 2 (PC), it was so unbelievably boring... over-use of darkness and fog... there didn't seem to be any specific goal apart from wandering around solving puzzles and hitting creepy looking things with a plank.
    I really wanted to like that game, but I still can't bring myself to sit through it. €50 down the drain.

Oh yeah forgot about that MGS2 was very dissapointing but strangely seems to have gotten better over time, I dont know why, perhaps ive just gone mad

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Yeah MGS2 let me down storywise but the game had some great moments.
    Enter the Matrix had some cool hand-to-hand combat. I was a big Matrix fanbnoy when I played the game though. After Matrix3, I'm no fan.

I'm another who hasn't finished Silent Hill 2. The screeching metal noise was too much too bare after a while.

I'm caught between these two games:

Turok 2 - Aklaim game - I liked it at first but my save game currupted and I had to start again. Second time round I hated it.

Master of Orion 3 - MOO2 sucked me in and wouldn't let me out. I'm usually a fan of cool graphics and action but MOO2 converted me. MOO3 was a big let down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 robbingood

out and out it has 2b pax corpus for the psone.wat a crap game.tomb raider in space.cudnt even complete first level it was that bad.i wud actually recommend getting it just to see how **** a game can really be.worst xmas present evr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Urban Choas....might have been spelled Urban Kaos, for the Playstation 1. Terrible game, they tried to have a full 3D world in the game, something like GTA, but it didn't work at all on the PS1. It was clunky and the framerate was pretty bad. I went back to the shop and got Rainbox Six instead...The Cep^ pats himself on the back for another quality purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

combs wrote: »
    Nights Into Dreams

You take that back. You take that back and go turn in your joypads. You don't deserve them.

So far the worst game i've actually payed money for would have been..... Neverwinter Nights.
    It's not an especially bad game, per say. It's solid and replicates D20 very well (which is kinda it's problem) but it was just so damn dull.
    Maybe it got better (had i got my monk to level 12 where the cool powers start to kick in) but i just had to give up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

Batbat wrote: »
    For me its Star Wars Galaxies hands down

This thread nailed it on the head with the OP. This game broke my heart!! I took my character from lv0 - 90 in a month of hard grind. and finally, once there, i had nothing to do!!

I love Star Wars, so I tried, occassionally still try, to love this game. But you just can't deny it's pants...as much as it pains me to say it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

great scott!!

ladies-back-to-the-future-delorean-flames-t-shirt-logo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

Add Age of Empires III to that list. AOEII was an all time great. Then they release AOEIII, which was pretty much a bad version of AOEII that looked pretty. Making a worse version of a game, that looks pretty, is not a good!! Either make the game better, or don't make it at all. Killed the series for me and sent me the glorious realms of the Total War fanchise!!

Advertisement