Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm so sleepy I....

• 31-08-2004 1:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

....put my underwear on backwards this morning! I didn't bother taking off my pants and turning them around - I figure if I didn't notice until now, why bother? Boxers are more or less symmetrical anyway.

So what's the dumbest thing you've done with a sleepy head on you? My long hours mean I've done all sorts of stupid ****. I used to cut the face off myself while shaving (changed to an electric razor). I've mixed up the coffee and the sugar and got really strong coffee and of course, left the house with mixed socks (at least they were both black).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Lucky you don't wear thongs.

A friend of mine arrived in a lecture in college after leaving the house with mixed shoes, due to sleepy and hungover dressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

I've done the sock thing as well, but it's a bit embarrassing when you go to work with one brown shoe and one black!!! I'm still reminded of that one at every office party and it's been over 6 years ago. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭honeymonster

Someone............ not me............ dried a pair of swimming shorts ............................ under the grill, and they melted :confused:

Never happened

:cool:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

So what's the dumbest thing you've done with a sleepy head on you?

gotten up, probably.

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ravenhead

Yeah - I've done the the two different shoe thing aswell - but it was two different boots & I was wearing a skirt - & I also had a interview at work for a promotion - needless to say ... I didn't get the promotion :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

flogen wrote:
    gotten up, probably.

flogen
    heh heh

Um, I dunno, registered it as a username?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Once after playing in a netcafe in dublin all night i remember leaving the netcafe and thats pretty much it next thing I know I hear "The train is now arriving in Athlone" Somehow I had managed to get to heuston and onto the right train that would bring me home....shame I hadnt planned on actually going home ah well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Happened to me before. It was actually quite comfy at the front, but the buttons on the fly made sitting uncomfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

On a couple of occasions while preparing breakfast I've put the cornflakes back in the fridge and the milk back in cupboard...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Something similar. I put sugar in the coffee jar, added boiling water and put it in the fridge.
    Then I went back to sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I'll put orange juice on my cornflakes and milk in my glass.... then relised what I had done... and tried to put extra milk with my cornflakes to make them taste milky it didn't work, however I am the inventor of Dawn Smooth

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

I wasent sleepy , i just covered my chips in sugar

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

many times i've put salt on my cornflakes,

did the underware thing once, also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I did the underwear thing as well a few times, but I nearly always forget to do up my fly...

After 10 minutes of walking, I am suddenly reminded by a gust of wind... and have to do it up while hoping no one notices :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Got up early for work, went to work, it was closed for the saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭spyro_2001ie

I did the work thing too. except i was manager, so i was always in earlier than everyone else. Opened up the shop, no custumers for about half an hour, when a regular pops in and says i didn't know you were open on sundays. I replied "Sunday....F*ck" Hangover from saturday did'nt help either.

One time i walked to work, after about 15 mins walking i realised i drive a car.

Then there was the pizza i put in the oven, then went to sleep for another 2 and half hours, gets better woke did'nt notice the charred pizza, put in another, and when that was done, i went back to the oven and saw the charred pizza, i was like WTF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

2 events.

1st event: Got little sleep as i had to travel to cambridge brought 2 bags with me. got to my university without problem left the taxi got to my room. It was 3 hours later when i coped on i left 1 of the bags in the taxi (had a video camera in it).

2nd event: Same situation. All night net gaming went to get flight back to Uni. Arrived in dublin airport, *the plan was simple i am tired but i can walk through stansted with my eyes closed and i have no bags...no problem* checked in and got on the flight without really paying attention. Arrived in Gatwick because i didnt look at my ticket or anything. Had to try and get through london to cambridge being extremely sleepy. Scared alot of people with the drooling and the dropped jaw and the constant eye twitching. (but that happens normally)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

This morning i had pants with monkies on them in the changing room of the gym and I couldn't find my jeans (they'd fallen down the back of the locker) so i was rooting around the locker in my monkey pants when my bloody phone stating ringing in the pocket of the jeans with "Je T'aime" as the ringtone!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Then i noticed i was getting some funny looks off a bunch of oul-ones(they all do some class together)... :p Ahhh I feel better getting that out in the open!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

In the same morning i ALMOST pissed in my bin and pured orange juice onto my cereal......wasnt half bad either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

On a couple of occasions while preparing breakfast I've put the cornflakes back in the fridge and the milk back in cupboard...

I put the butter back in the sink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I've done the cereal in the fridge so many times...
    I've fallen asleep on early morning buses and been woken up at Eden Quay by the bus driver telling me to get off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

a few minor things like putting pepper instead of salt on my chips, opening the vinegar without the sprinkler and poured half a bottle onto the chips!!! locked the keys in the car and spent two hours working

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

hmmm..this is me everyday..i don't actually wake up until around midday regardless of whether i am still in bed or not..one time i drank gone off milk with my cereal.mmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Actually know of someone who happened to end up with a sweet paper and a twenty pound note in their pocket. they pulled out both, put the wrapper back in their pocket and threw the twenty into the fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

No, that's stupid.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

forgot to put in my contact lenses. Drove to the end of the road and realised I couldn't see anything. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

....put my underwear on backwards this morning!
    I did that once. It's scary when your brain is only half working when you reach the bathroom, put your hand in your fly and realise something is missing. A primal urge from some deep down part of your brain screams "WHATS MISSING?!?"

Advertisement