Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Request] Cheap Glasses Frames

• 31-08-2004 5:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,987 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone point me in the direction of some online stores that sell cheap frames for glasses?

I've searched the forum but all i see is posts about Cheap Contact Lenses.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭flyinfishmonkey

I don't think you will get any that deal in sales of one or two frames to the public.. They tend to only sell in bulk directly to the Opticians. You could check out frames you like in a local optician and then ask for the serial number which is usually printed on the inside of the right hand side of the spectacle arm and then go online and check prices for same frame throughout Europe and the States... Best advice I can give you from somebody that used to work in the trade sorry. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,987 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cheers for the info anyways!

Did find one place online. Forget the address of it, but they did sell and ship frames to Ireland for about €35. But frames weren't great looking on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

spec savers doing 2 for one atm and vision express offfering 3 month supply if contacts with any glasses bought (super deal)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

I bought new glasses last Friday. Got my eyes tested in Vision Express Blanch, but the frames weren't great, plus no offers on sunglasses etc.
    So, I went to Specsavers in Omni and they were great - free sunglasses, and a really nice pair of frames all for about 300 euro. I know it sounds dear - but the frames were designer and the sunglasses polaroid. I have to say I think they are way better than Vision Express!

Advertisement