Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

macroing

Options
  • 17-02-2000 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭

do any of you guys macro unattended?
    personally, i dont see the point in it, it is after all, a rol playing game, you dont have to have a great character to enjoy it.
    i find that im getting on grand without having to macro at all
    the only thing that i found UOA useful for was the way u can set up a hotkey tyo change weapons
    cos its too slow to do if youre in the middle of a fight.
    im not gonna risk trying to do this with UOE is ill get banned, but thanks for the info anyway.
    is there any other programs for setting up weapons or costume hotkeys?
    or does anyone know how to input these commands directly into uo macros.txt file?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

your not going to give up on this are you. smile.gif

I macro'ed Stealth back when it was still legal to macro unattended. It took two days non stop macroing to get to GM stealth from 30 stealth.

Stealth is insanely hard to raise at high levels as you have to wear armor to raise it, which defeats the purpose of using the skill.

There are other skills which are just painful to raise and you will never see GM unless you macro'ed (or played the character for over 2 years).

Some skills also give you a special bonus when you hit GM.

eg.
    GM Forensics - effects a thief ability to steal (except GM Steal).
    GM Steal - 1 stone items can be stolen all the time afaik. No guard whacks for them.

There's others but I forget.

I do know ANAT+HEAL are painfully hard to raise without macroing and at higher levels you can cure poison and bring people back from the dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭rumpelstiltskin

ah its ok, ill stop talking about it now smile.gif

Advertisement