Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic to Sign Yorke?

• 31-08-2004 6:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭

Celtic have revealed they are holding talks with Blackburn Rovers striker Dwight Yorke.

The Scottish Premier League leaders are hoping to lure the former Trinidad & Tobago international to Parkhead to link up with recent recruit Juninho.

Martin O'Neill is an admirer of the ex-Manchester United forward, who shone during the Old Trafford club's Treble season in 1999.

After falling out with Rovers boss Graeme Souness, Yorke looked to be on his way out of Ewood Park, but reconciled with his manager and has been in the first team frame again this term.

Indeed, he came on as a substitute against United in Saturday lunchtime's 1-1 draw.

However, Celtic are keen to take over the remainder of the 32-year-old's contract in Lancashire, and he has been granted permission to discuss a move to Parkhead.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Yorke has 1 year left on his contract and is earning almost £40k. I can't see MON paying much more than half his wages. I honestly hope it falls through though.

Celtic have also been linked with Julio Arca. A report says he often plays at left back, is this true? He'd be a great signing if he can play at LB, a former World Youth Champion and still only 23.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I was thinking this would be a terrible transfer , and then I remembered , Martin O'Neil is in charge of Celtic .

The one man who can motivate anyone , and revive careers .
    Julio Arce can play at left back , but likes to wonder forward , and can be caught out the odd time .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

add Marcel Desailly ...
    from the bbc
    BBC Sport believes that Celtic manager Martin O'Neill offered the Desailly, who left Chelsea in the summer, a contract on Tuesday afternoon.

and maybe Julio Arca
    from the bbc
    The Scottish champions have also been linked with Sunderland full-back Julio Arca and there have been unconfirmed reports that he too was at Celtic Park for talks.

The BBC say Yorke would cost around £500k, I thought he'd be allowed go for free. Arca is playing for Sunderland right now so it doesn't look like he's coming. I know not many people rate Desailly any more but I think he'd do alright.

SSN say Yorke is now considering a move to Birmingham. Celtic offered 1 year, Brum offered 2. YES! Bad news for Morrison if it does happen though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement