Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

College funding options

• 31-08-2004 7:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

Ok what are the options for a student that needs some funding for a year (12 months)

I wont be able to pay much back for a year at least

I take it a graduate loan( im doing a postgrad) could be an option
    What rates are we looking at for paying it back

[Move to other forum if mods feel its appropriate]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

So nobody here has ever taken on a student loan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Are you eligible for a grant as a mature student or otherwise? Without checking this out i think the criteria is that you have to be over 23 and living away from home the november previous to the start date of the course. There is also an element of means testing.

My brother recently got a student loan, but only a small scale one, you'd need something fairly hefty to survive for a year if you had no income, and the bank let him defer the repayments for six months. A year might be pushing it, but i don't know, have a chat with them, they are itching to get their hooks into people for non-mortgage based lending.

Don't rule out medical experiementation, rumour had it that a well known company who was always distributing leaflets among the students in QUB would pay you 10k to let them cut off your big toe and attempt to re-attach it.

Advertisement