Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the deal with Gamestop, Henry St?

Options
  • 31-08-2004 7:32pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Was walking down Henry St. today, and noticed Gamestop was closed for renovations. The shutter was open a bit, and the whole place was torn apart..

Didn't they only just open a few months ago? Was there an accident or something?

flogen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

must have been, it seemed pretty nice and sparkly last time i was in

odd...

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sam_hain

I don't think that there is any problem, I just think that they want to renovate the place. remeber when the liffey st one was closed as well for renovations shortly after they got the henry st store. I think that they close one and keep the other open just so as not to lose business to Game

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I think the reason he is confused is that the shop is about 6 months old??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

sam_hain wrote:
    I don't think that there is any problem, I just think that they want to renovate the place. remeber when the liffey st one was closed as well for renovations shortly after they got the henry st store. I think that they close one and keep the other open just so as not to lose business to Game

well they closed liffey st because it used to be Gamesworld, and it needed a face lift. Henry St. is only open a few months, and was done up like a Gamestop from day 1... so why would they close it down again?

flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

It's being refitted as a 'concept' Store, based on what GameStop do in the States.

or

The lease has been bought back by Arnotts who are looking to redevelop their surrounding sites into the main Store.

Depending on who you listen to.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

ohh, concept... sounds vauge... So by concept I assume you mean a gaming alternative to the o2 Experience stores, with loads of various products, and fancy graphics etc.

The gamestop sign above the door is still there, and the sign says its being refurbished, so I'd assume its still under their control, so some kind of theme/concept shop is probably the most likely

cheers,
    flogen

Advertisement