Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL 1mb upgrade to 1.5mb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mistmyr

we r all a pack of speed freaks... :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Mistmyr wrote:
    we r all a pack of speed freaks... :D:D:D:D
    Most of us can only dream of the speeds you guys are getting :mad: Damn you all! you don't deserve them when I can't get them ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Got it installed now....but clocking my speed its at 500+ which its meant to be at 750k or there abouts....installer said it will go up in few days as upgrading takes time etc....what i want to know now is i think my ethernet on motherboard it has a 10/100 lan(Abit KD7-RAID)....would this be the problem in my speed being as it is.....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

no.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

mad m wrote:
    Got it installed now....but clocking my speed its at 500+ which its meant to be at 750k or there abouts....installer said it will go up in few days as upgrading takes time etc....what i want to know now is i think my ethernet on motherboard it has a 10/100 lan(Abit KD7-RAID)....would this be the problem in my speed being as it is.....?
    That's 10 or 100 MEGA bits. Even the slower rate would be far faster than anything you'd get on your broadband connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi

I just talk to NTL as my connection was still 600k they said that it should upgrade to 750k from tuesday.

Got his name, so I will call on tuesday still the same.

Regards
    Nava

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭_CyRuSS_

nava wrote:
    Hi

I just talk to NTL as my connection was still 600k they said that it should upgrade to 750k from tuesday.

Regards
    Nava
    Thats not on! They started doing the changeover at the begining of August or something, other people had it, it's a bit unacceptable that they still can't even have everyone upgraded on the date they said, considering they started doing it so early.

it can't be _that_ hard :/

monkeys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

.. it's not like you paid anything for it, is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭ando

MickFarr wrote:
    The easiest way to check if your broadband has been upgrade is to check your modem settings

The address is http://192.168.100.1/
    username : root
    password : root

Select Cable Modem Information and then Operation Configuration you should see something like see attached file

Also an excellent program for doing speed checks can be found here
    www.broadbandspeedtest.net

I presume you have a firewall? If you dont, can you post up your IP address??

• Advertisement

Moriarty wrote:
    .. it's not like you paid anything for it, is it?
    Actually technically, we have been paying for it as of 31/08, but nava won't be getting it until 07/09

I am greatful for the free upgrade but I still think they're monkeys for not getting it right ;) Sure beats Eircon monkeys tho :D

How does that work? You aren't paying anything more this month than last month or the month before, are you?

What do you mean how does that work? As of this month you're paying €50 for 1.5mbps and you're only getting 1mbps.. therefor you're not getting what you're paying for, simple.

Your argument there is like saying if ntl ever get slow for someone and you only get speeds of 1mbps, that it is acceptable for that speed even though you're paying for 1.5mbps... Just because it was a free upgrade to 1.5mbps

You're not paying for 1mbps, you're paying for 1.5mbps, as it says on the site, if you only get 1mbps you should be charged less... think of it as a price cut instead of a free upgrade.

*edit* Anyway enough! :) I am greatful for the free upgrade, I was just bringing up the point that ntl had a month upgrading people and they still didn't get it done in time, it shouldn't be that hard... with the amount of broadband customers they have u could probably upgrade each customer manually 1 at a time, and get them all done in a month ;)

Hahahahaha..

Whatever you say cyruss, whatever you say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Hi@ks

nava wrote:
    Hi

Regards
    Nava

Yeah i was talking to NTL today as well waiting for my 1.5 meg upgrade
    and they told me there was a problem with some accounts and that i will be upgraded on tuesday, after i got off the phone my connection kept on dissconnecting and reconnecting for about 3 hours, bloody NTL !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

The lying toads!
    I mailed them the other day to query whether the speed increase was automatic. Got a mail back the next day saying that it was and as far as they are concerned I am running at 1.5mb.
    Just checked the modem config on the web page and I'm still at 1 meg. Must call tomorrow :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭MickFarr

ando wrote:
    I presume you have a firewall? If you dont, can you post up your IP address??

Thats not an internet IP address. Try to connect to it! lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Ah FFS!
    I rang their cable modem "support team" this morning and they tell me the upgrades haven't been done yet and are scheduled for tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

I'm not actually at home to check, but was did the upgrade go ahead as promised? Or would that be expecting too much? NTL arn't exactly the most competent bunch as most of us know from experience :/

Mind you, free 512k upgrade, I shouldn't complain :D

• Advertisement

Hi

I'm not at home but someone checked for me in the PC and still not updted, will call them later today to see what the story is.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Hi@ks

anybodys upgrade gone through yet ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭Tom

Nope, still 1024000 bps here :mad:

Hi

Called NTL this monting and got the upgrade, they asked me to unplug the Modem and shut down the PC, she called back after about 10 min. and all was working and Upgraded.

Regards

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Lads, for the upgrade ring this number 1550 924 124, 1800 321321 aren't dealing with this problem anymore and its yes, its a premium number:(, but you will not be on for more than a minute, just give your account number, confirm address and state you haven't gotten your upgrade and it will be done in minutes, you don't have to plug out your modem or restart the computer or anything

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Lads, for the upgrade ring this number 1550 924 124, 1800 321321 aren't dealing with this problem anymore and its yes, its a premium number:(, but you will not be on for more than a minute, just give your account number, confirm address and state you haven't gotten your upgrade and it will be done in minutes, you don't have to plug out your modem or restart the computer or anything

• Advertisement

they must have been messing you around, or must have been a sales person who didn't have a clue give them another ring on it merc

Advertisement