Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL 1mb upgrade to 1.5mb

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I get speeds of 179-185 off DC+ :p gwan the sweeden pipes
    what number did you ring the one i gave yea yea?>
    come here are you at home or in work? sent you an email to your work address

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Right so, heres what I said in the mail
    Would yea let your technics go for 700, a mat eof mine is intrested in them...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

1.5mb? you tallaght scumbags don't know how lucky you are :confused:

• Advertisement

Lenny
    Tallaght Scumbag

I ammit it an all :p

haha, living beside knocklion doesn't mean you're in knockion,
    I've down'd 8gigs since yesterday and today for some apparent reason...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭useeme

I too got upgraded from 600 to 1.5 mb. Just as a matter of interest, what clients do you use to D/L?

Are you talking about p2p clients?
    I use mozilla to download my demos and trailers. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭useeme

yes p2p clients

Moriarty is a moany ****e when people talk about p2p, so I'll try to make this out as to what people really use p2p for, even though everyone uses them to get the latest linux distro and trailers,
    I use bit torrent(Shad0ws experimental version) its ok, you're gauranteed to get watever file if its sending a bit slow, I also use soulseek(www.slsknet.org) for sharing my own proudctions of music and download other peoples music that they have the right to spead ;)
    Direct connect(I use DC++) is good for getting movie trailers and software(shareware of course) off then sweeden heads with their big fat pipes :)
    hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭pipers

thanks for that,

I've downloaded 15gigs since wednesday of stuff... ugh
    yea, I really like slsk the way yea can browse folders and download a complete folder and play a partilally downloaded song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Theoretically could other BB providers ever upgrade their service (UTV, IOL etc) or is just NTL?

oil and utv etc,
    are they on adsl/dsl so it'd be different?
    ntl is cable so its like as if we're on a lan and they set how fast we can download off them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Eircom control what services can be offered over the phone lines (DSL). NTL own their own (cable) network, so they can do whatever they decide they want to. There's nothing from technically stopping eircom (and in that case IOL/UTV/whoever else) from upgrading everyone to 2-3mbit dsl tomorrow.

Advertisement