Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteror and 02 Roaming

Options
  • 31-08-2004 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,
    will this be availble from tomorrow for sure, ie i am in leitrim , if i get a meteor sim will it work from tomorrow for sure,

any ideas/insight appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'm confused, will what be working tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

click me

in the news section here mate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭digiman

i'm confused, will what be working tomorrow?

Meteor and o2 set up a roaming agreement so if you are in a county were there is o2 coverage but no meteor coverage what so ever then you will be able to use the o2 network for coverage at no extra cost to you. I dont know if it will work tomorrow agent smith. Hopefully it will because there is no meteor coverage where I live either and would love to see this happen soon.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

ah right, deadly...
    i might move back to meteor again...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

NO ... it will not happen tomorrow. The roll out *starts* tomorrow. It will take several weeks for the roaming role out to complete.

From the Meteor website:
    ".The agreement will run for 30 months beginning on September 1st, with coverage services being introduced gradually throughout the geographic roaming areas over the following weeks"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Celticwarrior

Smithers wrote:
    Hey everyone,
    will this be availble from tomorrow for sure, ie i am in leitrim , if i get a meteor sim will it work from tomorrow for sure,

any ideas/insight appreciated
    I have friends in leitrim with meteor sims and they have had coverage for months now...

I have friends in leitrim with meteor sims and they have had coverage for months now...

i know there is coverage in longford, maybe they are near there?
    i had a meteor sim for testing and carrick on shannon has had no coverage :(

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Celticwarrior

Smithers wrote:
    i know there is coverage in longford, maybe they are near there?
    i had a meteor sim for testing and carrick on shannon has had no coverage :(
    Somewhere around mannorhamiliton (sp?), i think is where they live, i am not well up on the geography of leitrim i'm afraid!

might be getting the signal from sligo then , its quiet close to them

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

well i'm in bray atm,

normally on meteor i only ever got 1/3 strength signal now it's up on full whack 100% signal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Why is it being rolled out slowly? Surely Meteor know where they do not have coverage and know where O2 do have coverage. It cant be much more difficult that setting up a normal roaming agreement with a foreign operator, only difference would be restricting what sites your IMSI can make use off.. Is this correct?

Also, would access to O2's network for Meteor customers be regulated at MSC, BSC or Base Station level? I am not too familiar with how this works, I am just guessing its one of the above?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

probably not all that relevant to any single post here, but anyway... over here o2 germany have a roaming agreement with t-mobile for areas which they don't cover. i've found that when the network switches and i do a network search, that o2 still shows up half of the time! and when i select o2 again it stays with t-mobile anyway. i can only presume it's that the t-mobile signal is just so much better that it doesn't wanna let go! hopefully the meteor/o2 ireland setup is the same

Advertisement