Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI Cup Quarter Final Draw

• 31-08-2004 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭

Waterford Utd V Rockmount
    Dublin City V Drogheda Utd
    Derry City V Kildare County
    Longford Town V Athlone Town.

Good draw for all the Premier division clubs. The Dublin City/Drogheda game should be v interesting. Great draw for the blues :D

Predicitions for semi's

Waterford, Drogheda, Derry, Athlone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭kilkennycat2004

Waterford badly need at least a cup final appearance. Haven't won it since 1980 with that Brian Gardiner header against Pats & haven't been in final since I think 1986 when we lost to Rovers 2-0 aided by a horrible Noel Synott o.g.
    Could be the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

we haven't been in final since I think 1986 when we lost to Rovers 2-0 aided by a horrible Noel Synott o.g.
    Could be the year.

God I remember that day well, would have been better off going to the zoo for the day.

Hey KC, "we" havent been in a final....You throwing a blue top there? Now that the mighty Kilkenny Village are gone?

Kev,
    Its an age thing. No pro club in Kilkenny until EMFA joined league in mid 1980's. Personally I saw no reason to change.
    Was always huge support for Blues from up as far as Kilkenny City itself, Carrick On Suir & New Ross. Those were the days.
    7,000 in Kilcohan most Sunday's.
    Also in soccer the team tend to be from all over. Not a patch on hurling but something to get us through the winter's.
    Also I have a collection of Waterford football programmes to equal most people in the country by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Kev,
    Its an age thing. No pro club in Kilkenny until EMFA joined league in mid 1980's. Personally I saw no reason to change.
    Was always huge support for Blues from up as far as Kilkenny City itself, Carrick On Suir & New Ross. Those were the days.
    7,000 in Kilcohan most Sunday's.
    QUOTE]

I thought it was upwards of 10K every week? Still though, lets hope the Rockmount match doesnt turn into another Wayside Celtic! Would be great to see the blues end up in Europe again, its been a long time since that day in Kilcohan against Bordeaux back in 1986.

KevIRL wrote:
    Would be great to see the blues end up in Europe again, its been a long time since that day in Kilcohan against Bordeaux back in 1986.

With the temporary stand I remember it well.

If in Europe we'd have to play in Cork by the way. RSC is worst venue in LOI for atmosphere anyway but not up to standard for Europe either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Waterford Utd V Rockmount - Waterford Utd
    Dublin City V Drogheda Utd - Drogheda Utd
    Derry City V Kildare County - Derry City
    Longford Town V Athlone Town - Longford Town

Will be rooting for Derry City to make the finals . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

KevIRL wrote:
    Dublin City V Drogheda Utd
    Good draw for all the Premier division clubs. The Dublin City/Drogheda game should be v interesting. Great draw for the blues :D
    Dublin were knocked out by Monaghan in the 2nd round, that should be UCD. :D

I'll go for all home wins.

Advertisement