Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alphastates + Fergal Mckee tBMC sep 17th

Options
  • 31-08-2004 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

Alphastates whoose new limited edition single " the last days of summer" (new version) is in the shops now, return to action with a gig at the TBMC on Friday September 17th.

Special guest support comes from ex Whipping Boys Fergal Mckee who still apparently isn`t to sure bout the name he is no under and may just proceed with his own name !

Should be a cracker......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Sounds great I shall be there

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

clash with your relegation battle no ?!!

Well im sure i can miss one pats defeat there will be plenty more this season. Weve pulled away from dublin city a bit 11 clear of them it would take an ammighty cock up(which from pats is possible) to go down now luckally only one goes down this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭addicted

I`ll pencil that gig into my diary so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭marwood

Nice one ,see you there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭saintgaz

Well im sure i can miss one pats defeat there will be plenty more this season. Weve pulled away from dublin city a bit 11 clear of them it would take an ammighty cock up(which from pats is possible) to go down now luckally only one goes down this season.

Less of the pessimism! We've no match this Friday - we were meant to be playing Shels but this has been put back to the following Monday, as they're playing Lille this Thursday.

So you can have the best of both worlds. May pop along on Friday myself...

sure fire defeat so on monday !

Mckee`s new band is called chuck deluxe.........

Well the post was a while ago ive been more impressed by recent performances and think we have the makings of a decent team who would have thought pats could find a sriker that scores goals and im even more shocked its robbie doyle.

seemingly he plays well at each club for about 2 months then falls apart........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭saintgaz

Well Alphastates were good, first time I'd seen them live. The opening band, called The Rags (I Think) weren't bad either.

In the end, Fergal was apparently let down by his band, but decided to do the gig anyway. Watching him kneeling on the stage behind two keyboards, occasionally banging out notes on them, with loops and samples playing in the background and reading excerpts from the Evening Herald was about as surreal an experience as I've ever had! Apparently Chuck Deluxe are a proper band so I'll have to try to catch them again when Mr McKee is in a slightly less bonkers frame of mind!

• Advertisement

was a shambles, thought he was sound checking at first !

The Rags were indeed the first band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Bob Sakamano

I cant believe THAT was Fegal McKee. I was expecting some mighty guitar anthems like from Whipping Boy. All we got was something that was not music and not even amusing. It was just feckin annoying. He even got a slow hand clap at the end. Disappointing!!!!!

his band didnt show up so he went on regardless. still a farce though.

Advertisement