Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

diseqc motor selection..

• 31-08-2004 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

My Superjack DG120 Motor is about to give it up shortly. The connections to the lnb on the motor seize up (not a one off - has been reported on other forums). Apart from this, I have had another issue with it since the day i unpacked it from its box - there is some 'play' in the arm of the motor - resulting in the arc of my motorised setup being misaligned either on the east side or the west depending how i set it up.

It has lasted just over a year. Its as much as i could expect from a motor that has gotten very bad press - which i found out after purchasing (not one of my more informed buying decisions). Whilst it is the cheapest diseqc motor on the market, this proves beyond doubt that you really do 'get what you pay for'.

I DONT WANT TO MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AGAIN!

So...
    I'm thinking that i should purchase the Stab HH 120 @ €99 plus delivery.
    http://www.hm-sat-shop.de/10124.ahtml

If anyone has any reason why i shouldnt please post here.
    Furthermore, if someone can recommend a better diseqc motor or better deal, please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,496 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Would strongly recommend the Motek SG2100A from Satellite.ie here .. http://www.satellite.ie/acatalog/Dishes_and_Lnb_s.html , great motor, bought one recently after reading up about it and discussing with several others on DVBN (.net) .

Its a snap to install and is rock solid on each position and works perfectly, which is exactly what everyone else will tell you that owns one probably.

Buy Irish i say, and Tony that runs Satellite is an extremely nice guy, have bought from him before and will do again, cannot recommend more highly, expect a two day delivery time if you do decide to go with this one!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭emaherx

I also bought the moteck motor off of Tony.
    definitly a good reliable motor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The Motek is great.

Some similar motors don't do as far an East /west angle, missing Turksat at 42E etc.

It is very repeatable. Same position achieved if moving from east or west. Some other motors have noticable "backlash" i.e. weak satellites are unusable if you move from opposite direction!

The scales are clear and manual good for setup.

Far better than some motors at same price!

The GotoX function is of course fabulous as you only have to get one satellite aligned correct (even Hispasat at 30W will do) and all birds are correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭halkar

I have a STAB HH100 for 3 years and never had any problems, running on 1.1m dish from Hispasat to Turksat. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Thanks for the feedback guys. Will order up the moteck. Doesnt seem to have gotten any bad press.

Just as an aside, I did contact the Taiwan office of the manufacturer (Jaeger) of the Superjack some months back - told them what the problem was and they agreed to provide me with a new one as long as i paid for delivery. Of course, delivery costs more than the damn motor!! And why would i do that when the outcome would be the same with the 'new' motor.
    By all accounts, the proper (non-diseqc) motor that jaeger produce is quite good, but they are fully aware that they are churning out scrap metal with this thing! If you come across anyone contemplating the purchase of a sat motor, be sure to steer them well clear of this thing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement