Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap (ish?) scaffolding

Options
  • 31-08-2004 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

Hey i seen a few posts on here before looking for scaffolding and costs etc.

Well after hiring out some **(129 pieces) it was starting to cost me a fortune so i finally went about buying some today.

The hiring out was costing €1.50 a week for a piece plus 21% VAT on top of that so for a week it was going to cost me in the region of €230, now with irish weather and doing all the work myself i was going to have to keep the scaffolding for a month or more so i decided to price some today and ended up buying!

The normal price at the moment for it is €19 a piece plus 21% VAT but i went over to a sort of a steel merchant that is situated the monaghan side of cavan, and got mine for €10 a piece cash and add 21% on if your payin by cheque. This leaves it cheaper than hiring and i can then sell it on when i'm finished at a chance of possibly makin a profit.

Now the stuff this lad sells is second hand but just as good, actually better than what i hired. It's the normal quik fix stuff.

Anyone want details of this place send me a pm.

Farlz

** A piece means one section, could be a 9' upright or 8' side bar or a foot etc...

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Great job, I got some prices as well from different places, even got in contact with some boys in India who supply Irish companies.

pm'd u there my email,

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭decritic

Any one Know of some in the cork area? or that will deliver to Cork area?
    Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Place there I got a decent price off.
    Elite Scaffolding Services
    hobbs ind est
    curraheen,
    cork

+353 0214872348
    +353 (021) 4876646

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bazzerc

Hi Farls,
    Would you be able to forward me contact details of Steel Merchant in Cavan where you got the scaffolding

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Their right on border over in Cloverhill, i don't have the details on me but yop might have them, bak up at college now!

pm yop and he should sort ya out, i was over there the other week and most of it seemed to be gone though, but they were getting more in again.

Farlz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

any chance of getting these details also?

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭decrrrrrr

Can you send me on the details...? Your PM message box is full...

Cheers,

Dec

Advertisement