Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to find out if my BT ports are being blocked?

Options
  • 31-08-2004 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

hey!

I'm back!

I got myself Digiweb Bizjet Enhanced, - 1024/256 - unlimited cap BB

I had it for 5 days now, but I can't seem to max out on BT,

I remember there was a way to check out if your ports are being blocked, although they told me they don't throttle and port unlimited users but stilll...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

if the led is green there's nothing wrong with the connection or ports. it's very rare you'll completely max out on bt. how're your bt speeds at the mo?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

with eircom-512, i was maxing out full speed 51-55kbps

ha.., I can't seem to access sprnva too!

I don't get it!

I haven't even downloaded anything yet!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

/me wonders if they are doing what netsource did and having all the warez monkies etc on the same port so they contend with each other

• Advertisement

well the thing that pisses me off Capt'n Midnight, is that I asked about that, before I signed up with them!

I got an unlimited account because, I didn't want to worry about anything

and they said "No, you won't be throttled, blocked, because you are on an unlimited account, so don't worry about it!"

so now, I'm gonna send them a nice email, then I'm gonna cut my payments, then sign up with eircom, to be force fkd again! but at least I will know what I'm getting myself into

just look at this! I did a bandwidth test just out of the interest and look at that green indicator will the test is running! 98! and the BT is downloading at 23! when there is 300kB/s of bandwidth available!
    desk.th.jpg

can anyone please try to access supernova website? you know the address right? I don't want to type it here, cause it maybe against the rules

I have been trying to connect to it past 2 days, and it just doesn't work!

I ping it, and it works! I tracert it fine!

when I want to access it with a browser it doesn't!

they probably blocked it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Your BT ports are blocked by your router, open ports 5000 to 6000 to your computer the LED is yellow meaning you wont get full speed cause your posts are blocked, when it's green it means you are all right.

I did it!

not only that but I also tried eircom's very basic adsl modem, with only 1 ethernet connection

and it was still yellow!

Advertisement