Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never pay inflated call costs again?

Options
  • 31-08-2004 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

Calls to UK/World/Irish landlines from Irish landlines

Dial 1890 943 123 before the call

No extra bill, call charged at local call rates, see http://www.telestunt.ie for more info

1890 is a lo call rate and Eircom/Esat/anyone else cannot charge you any more.

Rates not so good for mobiles but are cheaper ( use a different access number - see website

anyone use these guys?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

zod wrote:
    No extra bill, call charged at local call rates, see http://www.telestunt.ie for more info
    For anyone who is worried about the connotations of "stunt", think "stunt" as in "stunted growth", not "stunt" as in Evel Knievel.
    zod wrote:
    anyone use these guys?
    Yes, it's saving me a fortune! A couple of times when calling a friend in the US I've found myself connected to the automatic call handling system for MGM Ireland, which was a bit weird, but I just hang up and dial again.

Sound quality is fine - occassional echoes, but that happens from time to time on any transatlantic call, no matter which carrier I use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭rom1

Works well.
    There are similar systems on the continent (at least Switzerland & Netherlands) with similar prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

zod wrote:

Rates not so good for mobiles but are cheaper ( use a different access number - see website

The rates are still excellent to mobiles compared to Eircom. 4C (with Telestunt) versus up to 30C with Eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

I use them too, Telestunt are great :)

Its 4.92 a minute not 4c but what the heck when eveyrbody else is 12c or more to ring an Irish mobile .

M

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

so i could call america for the price of local call no strings attached?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Cr3m0 wrote:
    so i could call america for the price of local call no strings attached?
    Yup. I rack up a couple of hours a week on calls to the US, and for the last two months, they've all been atlocal call rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

That sounds very interesting. My mum's 2 sisters live in australia and she's always calling them.

But how can they make money?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Syth wrote:
    But how can they make money?

1890 and 0818 numbers are revenue sharing numbers. They take a cut of the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭country_gurl

can you call off a mobile or does it have to be off a landline???

• Registered Users Posts: 26 GoodForNothing

Muck wrote:
    I use them too, Telestunt are great :)

Its 4.92 a minute not 4c but what the heck when eveyrbody else is 12c or more to ring an Irish mobile .

M
    Interesting threads lads but just one question....
    Maybe I'm reading this wrong but when I went to their webiste I found the following info:
    Ireland (mob) Access Num: 1520 932 601 15cpm

So that's 15 cent per minute to call a mobile number. Am I correct on that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Interesting threads lads but just one question....
    Maybe I'm reading this wrong but when I went to their webiste I found the following info:
    Ireland (mob) Access Num: 1520 932 601 15cpm

So that's 15 cent per minute to call a mobile number. Am I correct on that.

They seem to have increased the price of calling Irish mobiles from 5 to 15 cents per minute yesterday. Ireland, and most international landlines are still at local call rates though.

Advertisement