Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Architecture in UCD???

Options
  • 31-08-2004 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi all, I have accepted architecture in UCD and can't wait to start it but i'm hoping some current or past students could help me out with a few questions-
    Theres a long list of crap that were told to buy "french curve set" etc- is all of this stuff necessary?
    Aswell i have heard that lectures and studio work goes on untill 6 most evenings and that its a fairly hectic course? is this true?
    Last question-i promise-
    Is the architecture faculty located in a small grey building -quite tall and narrow adjacent to a really cool looking building wht hp (heward packard) on the side?
    Thanks alot,
    Paddy mc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'd say you might get more answers in here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Hey thebigmac Im afraid I cant help you with where the building is, as Im doin architecture in DIT.

If however it anything like my course ( which I assume it is) classes offically end at around six, but you will probobaly need to stay longer to do your work. As for the equipment, it is nessessary as they are used to draw your projects untill you learn how to use AutoCAD as stuff.

Wait till you have started the course to get them and find a place in dublin that sells them cheap, prehaps with a student discount but bring an A4 HARDBACK notepad and some pencils with you for the first day, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭thebigmc

tanx man, it sounds fair cool- models etc
    cant wait to start!

Advertisement